I. Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time (Edited)

The tale begins just like a princess trapped within a tower.

Except there was no princess in the tower, in fact what lived in there was the complete opposite of a princess and her beautiful singing animals. Instead it was just Her and  her grotesque, screaming creatures.

She grew up in isolation and in the dark, where death and decay was a normalcy for her. She had never seen a human before (well a live one that is), but she admired them. They were beautiful creatures, like animals, having their own language and customs that she wished one day to be like them.

He told her she would one day get to be with them one day. He never lied.

Then she met them, three beautiful little girls that looked completely identical and beautiful. They told her that they liked her voice. 'Beautiful' they had called it and then called her sister because she apparently looked like them.

As they continued to see her, bonds formed. They wished to free her, and play with her.

Such naive little children they were.

It was years, before they attempted to break her out. They wanted to take her to the party their father was hosting. "You can sing to papa! He enjoys when we sing him your song!"  They promised to come the day of. So she waited.

When they came, they were able to open the locked doors for her before hurrying off. She watched them before following, leaving the cage door open. They should have been careful.

That day, blood was spilled onto the beautiful green grass under the big, blue sky. Fires burned all around the once lively party with only one remaining individual. Her.

The moment the padlocks fell from the door, the gates to hell opened for the devil.

Leaving a trail of red and black for the world.

---

Hiruzen Sarutobi stared at the bunch before his eyes landed on the tiny person forced onto their knees and bow down before him by the ANBU. He picked up bits and pieces of the report and stilled at the taboo name mentioned.

"-alliance with the Goldsmith brothers." There was a twitch from the tiny girl. Fixing a suspicious gaze at the unknown survivor, the Third Hokage placed the pipe between his lips as he mulled over his choices.

"Was there nothing suspicious found at the scene we should be aware of?" Kurenai asked from beside the Hokage. Eyes went down to the small child, wary by the various restraints on her.

"She's of mysterious origins and our only lead. The fact that she was present at the scene makes her a possible co-conspirator with the Goldsmiths at the moment." The ANBU informed.

Nodding, Hiruzen disregarded the child and directed his gaze to the masked shinobi. "Take her to the Intelligence Division, extract as much information as possible. Make sure Inoichi takes a look at her as well. I'll expect a full report, and make sure to include one from a medical-nin." The Hokage ordered.

---

If it were not for the vitals that were taken earlier, it would have been difficult to have known if the child was truly even breathing. Ibiki from the interrogation division had delivered the child personally after a few hours of extracting as much as he could. Now under the medical team,  she was still as they dealt with her tangled mess of hair until it was uneven chopped strands.

They extracted the soiled clothing she wore and watched it reveal the skin that was so tightly wrapped to her bones unhealthily. Although they were pitiful for the poor condition of the child, they had to abide by the procedures of working with possible enemies. So with a quick examination they directed the hose and sprayed her with cold water.

Examining them, she was surprised by the humans she had encountered so far. They were so...

---

"She has very little chakra within her; she'll only be able to perform a small amount of justus before it runs out."

"Alright then, all that's left is to patch up the wounds and give her a quick physical."

"Should we inform the Hokage about this immediately?"

"Her wounds... their healed! There's nothing there, not even a single scratch or bruise on her body!"

"Make sure to take a blood sample and pictures."

The door opened and made eye contact with a long-haired male. Fascinated she smiled.

---

so weak

---

"Send her to the Strict Correctional Facility and keep an eye on her. We can't risk any danger coming to the village until we fully understand what we are dealing with."

---

The monster was back to a familiar setting of isolation and darkness. Back to where she came from and where she belonged.

Would they be smart enough to keep her there?