•• 20 ••

Mom helped me get out of the car as we walked towards the entrance of the hospital.

They told me that they had only brought me to check if everything was alright with my optical nerves.

But I forgave them for lying this time, they wanted me to die in peace, in case if I do.

We were about to enter the waiting room when my eyes found Trevor. He was looking here and there, as if searching for something. He stopped when his eyes found mine, and relief washed over his face.

Then, started walking towards us.

He greeted my parents and sat beside me, not uttering a word.

He and dad had a conversation at his home, and I don't know what it was. I'm happy it ended up with both of them no more having misunderstandings.

After some time, the nurse came, saying that the doctor had something important to tell my parents.

I could feel that now there was no one other than me and Trevor, in the waiting room.

"How are you?" he asked.

I did not expect a question like this from him.

"How can an about to die person be?" I responded.

He frowned.

"Stop talking like that. You'll be alright."

"How do you know? I mean, about all of this. That I will have a surgery." I heard myself ask.

"My dad runs this hospital. And your dad told me about you last night."

"He told you about the check up or the surgery?" I could have used the words lie or the truth, but I think these were more appropriate.

And Trevor was the only one who knew that I know about it. He was aware of my hearing ability.

"Both," I stayed silent in response to this.

Soon, his hand landed on mine, and he squeezed it, lightly.

"You'll be alright," he whispered.

"I hope I will," I replied, tears flowing down my eyes.

He gently held my chin and pulled it up so that I could meet his eyes. And that's when I saw it.

There was hurt, guilt, love, passion, everything in his eyes. And tears too.

"I love you," he said and my heart melted.

It just melted.

Melt . . .

And he leaned closer.

And then, everything blurred, except us.

I did not know for how long it stayed, but it felt like forever. And I wished this would never end. I wished we could stay like this forever. However, a part of me said that it was wrong. Everything blurring around me, except him was wrong.

But you can at least forgive a person for a little sin, that is her last wish.

And it really was my last wish, since the night at the party, and it was fulfilled. Now, a part of me was ready to die because I got what I wanted. But another part of me pleaded for it again. Wanting it to keep happening in my life.

But there was no life.

He slowly pulled back, his eyes glued on mine.

"I love you too," I whispered, my eyes wet, my voice cracked.

"Let's go," he stood up and held my hand, as I walked behind him.

But I could hear the voices of my parents, jumbled between all other noises.

"But, that's not what you told me on the call." I heard dad as I kept walking behind Trevor.

"We found it out now, Adam," a voice replied. "We need to connect the brain of another person to hers, again. If it's successful, your daughter will be all alive, and no more blind. But for that, the person who's brain will be connected to hers, will go through a lot of pain since anaesthesia won't help in this case."

We were near them now and I'm sure Trevor heard at least the last two lines.

"Why the same thing again?" I heard Mom. "Isn't there another way?"

"No," the doctor replied. "You need to find the person who is ready for this as soon as possible, please."

"Connect it with mine. Again." Trevor said in a loud voice, as we stood at the door.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: So there it goes. The chapter all of you have been waiting for.

I love Trevor in this chapter. He is no more the egoistic guy he was *pats Trevor lightly on the back*.

But if you still hate him, you'll regret doing it after you read the next chapter.

And thanks to rockroyal22 for the support!