Prologue

Since before man walked the Earth, demons have lurked in the shadows, their numbers increasing as they fed off humans. With extinction becoming imminent, the Dark Hunter's arose, people who dedicated their life to killing the demons using their deadly skills. Over time, humanity forgot about the demons and their reign of terror, but the Dark Hunters never stopped their duty, simply carrying on in secret. Information and training was passed down through the generations, the Dark Hunter blood in their veins making them faster, stronger, more agile than ordinary people. The secret of the demons was their burden to bear, and it was their duty to find and kill them.

Great families of Dark Hunters came and went, only the most prominent ones survived the secret war for so long. Amongst those were the Blancs, a fearsome tribe that could handle any weapon as if it was simply a limb on their body. Once great in number, even this family dwindled down to only two, Claude Blanc and his daughter Belle Blanc. Driven undeniably close by tragedy, they kept no secrets from each other and would never allow the other to worry. Life was good for them, as good as it can get for a Dark Hunter, until Claude Blanc went on a hunting trip, and didn't return.