False Cat Girls (part 1)

II.- False Cat Girls

.

.

1.- WILDCATS (TOTAL FUR)

.

These 'cat girls' from Japan are characterised by their whole bodies and faces covered with hair (hence the term 'total fur').

The name "Wildcats" comes from the old Gainax computer game "Princess Maker 2".

(Gainax, before making "Neon Genesis Evangelion", played games), in which supposed cat girls with the characteristics mentioned above (total fur) belong to the Wildcats breed, according to the classification given to them by the game.

They may have a thick coat, as in "Princess Maker 2", or they may have a very short coat, as in "Tenchi Muyo".

They are considered false cat girls, because they are in fact ANTHROPOMORPHIC CREATURES of the FELINE type, descendants of wild cats, and not authentic Cat Girls.

.

.

2.- WILDCATS (CAT FACE)

.

This is the first stereotype that is had in the West with respect to the Cat Girls, the other one we will see in another classification later.

The name "Wildcats" comes from the resemblance that these false cat girls have to the "Wildcats (Total fur)".

The only difference is that the face is completely that of a cat.

They are considered false cat girls, because they are actually ANTHROPOMORPHIC CREATURES of the FELINE type, and not authentic Cat Girls.

.

.

3.- MAGICAL WERE CATS (JAPAN)

.

These "cat girls" are actually human beings who at night, and even during the day, become Cat Girls.

They only have ears and tail without any other feline characteristics.

The nature of their transformation is magical, so the moment they become cat girls, they also appear dressed in clothes they didn't have before.

Usually these so-called cat girls have some kind of magic weapon with them.

The best example is the protagonist Zoey from the anime "Tokyo Meow Meow Meow"

They are considered false cat girls, because their TRUE NATURE is human, they simply become "cat girls" for a certain period of time.

.

.

4.- JAPANESE WERE CATS (JAPAN)

.

These "cat girls" are actually human beings who at night, whether or not there is a full moon, turn into Cat Girls.

They only have ears and tail without any other feline characteristics. Although in very, very rare occasions I have seen them with little fur on the cheeks, and with notoriously elongated irises and pupils, this last aspect does not appear with any kind of real Cat Girls, in which the irises and elongated pupils are not noticeable.

Unlike "Magical Were Cats", they only transform at night (a characteristic they share with their western counterparts were cats). The second difference with "Magical Were Cats" lies in the nature of their transformation, which is biological and not magical, which makes their instinct take over and therefore they are dangerous.