Chapter 19

Nevada

"So tell me more about yourself," Trey said.

"There's really nothing to know," Brianna said awkwardly.

Brianna was currently on a date with Trey and she couldn't wait for it to be over. It was awkward, and the more she was around him she felt creepy uncle Lester vibes. She only agreed because he kept pressing her out about it. If it wasn't Jacob, Brianna wasn't interested, period.

"There's more to you than just a pretty face," he smiled.

Brianna rolled her eyes "I was a foster kid, I ain't got no family except for my brother."

"That's crazy, I was foster kid too," Trey said.

"What a coincidence?" Brianna said as if she was interested.

Brianna checked her phone and the time read 10:12pm. She needed to get out of here.

"Oh would you look at that. My boss just said I need to come in immediately," Brianna said.

"Well I enjoyed tonight," he said then kissed Brianna's cheek.

"Yeah, maybe we can do this again," Brianna lied.

After Brianna left she headed home. She checked on Jade who was sleeping peacefully then decided to go to sleep herself.

Around 2am Brianna heard noise coming from the kitchen. She was about to walk into the kitchen but heard a very interesting conversation coming from Rocky.

"Gucci I told you, she not leaving. She thinks if she leaves Beyoncé will die and she's won't have her sister die, she loves her too much... Nigga you ordered some niggas to kill her son in a drive by because you felt like Beyoncé, and Jayceon were getting too soft... You're not even in the United States, you can't do shit... After your dad died and their father, Ghost got out, the streets turned to him for leadership. That's the only reason Beyoncé is protected, they'd pick Ghost Sr. over you any day, they fear him, and that's why you're hiding now... Whatever man, I'm just speaking facts... Bye."

Brianna couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was angry, pissed, and hurt, how could Gucci do this after everything Beyoncé has done for him? Gucci never had to question Beyoncé's loyalty until he told her to kill Jay. Why would he have Jj killed? Brianna also couldn't believe that if she left, Beyoncé was completely safe. Brianna had to do something, fast.

Brianna walked in the kitchen "You can't sleep?"

Rocky turned around hoping Brianna didn't hear anything "Nah, you?"

"Nope," Brianna said as she walked to the refrigerator to get a water.

"I didn't see you at the club," he said.

"That's because I wasn't working but, let's not talk about me. It took 5 years for you to slip up," Brianna smirked.

"You heard?" Rocky asked.

"You gotta be more careful."

"You're not going anywhere so you can forget what you heard and go back to sleep or I can kill you," Rocky said.

Brianna leaned against the counter "Either way I'm dead so, how about I call the shots? You tell me where Beyoncé is or I'll have to kill you."

"I ain't telling you shit, and your soft ass ain't killing nobody," Rocky laughed.

"You're wrong," Brianna said.

Rocky pulled out his gun but before he could take the safety off and shoot, Brianna threw a kitchen knife in his stomach. Rocky dropped his gun and fell onto the kitchen floor.