Chapter 16

Niall POV

"What do you mean she was arrested?"

"Just that. Ashley was taken into custody 10 minutes ago. Emmy called me from her phone to tell me. Let's go".

'Let's go where?", I asked standing up.

"Back to the US. Don't argue because I know you want to".

"Thanks for this, Harry. You don't know how much it means to me".

"Of course. Now, let's go".

We went home, quickly packed a bag, and was on the next flight to the US. 

Megan POV

When I got home, I realized that there was no one there. My phone had been dead for 2 hours. I plugged it up and went into the kitchen to get some food. I ate for about 10 minutes, then went to check on my phone. I had 10 voicemails. Who could have been calling me? I checked the first one. It was from Emmy.

"Megan, it's urgent. Ashley just got arrested for your crime. You have to come down here quick".

Ashley was actually the person that committed the crime I was accused of? Are you kidding me? I drove as fast as I could to the prison.

"Ashley Clark", I told the guard. As I was walking down the hall, I saw Tom. I ran up and hugged him.

"Hey there", he said, "how have you been?"

"I'm doing well. I wish that we were meeting under better circumstances, though".

"I agree. But, at least it's not you".

"Tom, can I ask you a question?" 

"Sure, go for it".

"Are they sure it's her? Are they sure it's Ashley?"

"They can't be positive until they review the video again, but they're pretty certain. The girl in the video resembles her, even with the mask over her head".

I dropped my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you were in here because of your sister. I can't imagine how that feels".

"Thanks, Tom. I'll see you around, okay?"

I hugged him and walked over to Ashley.

"MEGAN, I'm so glad you're here. It's been horrible".

"I am your twin sister, and you committed this crime. You let me take the fall for something you did? How could you? I spent 2 years in prison because of you. Literally, my own flesh and blood".

"I never meant for you to be blamed for it. Hear me out".

"No, I won't hear you out. You had 2 years for me to hear you out. You don't get the opportunity now". I held back my tears. "I'm going to do you the same way you did me when I was in prison. I won't call, I won't visit. This will be the last time you ever hear from me".

"Megan, don't-".

"Goodbye, Ashley".

I got up and left without a word.

When I got to the house, Jordon was there waiting for me. He hugged me as I got out of the car. 

"I'm sorry about all of this", he said.

"It's not your fault".

He didn't say anything. When we got to my room, I just cried in his shirt.

"Did she tell you what really happened?", he asked.

"No", I said, "I refused to listen to her".