Chapter 16

(Oh look, a meaningful author's note) I decided to keep the point of view consecutive so yeah...
____________________________________

        Add had backed himself into a corner and kept his dynamos in a certain place to keep her away. (Y/n) didn't exactly know what was going on, but what she did know was that Add had done something and gotten hurt doing it. He still didn't meet her gaze, and she refused to just leave without an explanation. She had sat right across from him simply waiting until he was ready to talk. Add hadn't taken his hand away from his eye the entire time, and it made (y/n) wonder what he was hiding.

        "Let me see it. I might be able to make something to help out," (y/n) finally said. She didn't need to be more specific. Add knew exactly what she was referring to.

        "No," he denied without hesitation.

        "Stop being so stubborn. I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong," (y/n) reasoned. Add only glared at her with the eye he wasn't covering to which (y/n) only sighed in response. "You'll at least tell me what happened won't you? We're friends, so I deserve to at least know that much." Add stayed silent for a while before he decided to tell her anything.

        "I found what I needed to impliment the time travel equation onto my dynamos. It didn't take long for me to figure out how to time travel either," Add began.

        "You went to find your mother," (y/n) concluded.

        "Yes, I did, but my calculations weren't correct enough to get to her. I ended up traveling several more times and each time that I did, I always failed. I returned to this time a few seconds after the time I left. Soon after, I noticed something was wrong..." Add was explaining.

        "You're eye. Something happened to it. It looks like one of Esper's eyes now doesn't it," (y/n) interrupted after reading his mind.

        "It isn't like Esper's eyes!" Add snapped.

        "Then let me see it," (y/n) demanded. She had raised her voice without meaning to, but Add was being a little bit too stubborn at the wrong time. Her expression must have reflected her frustration because Add stopped glaring at her and slowly moved his hand away from his eye. It was indeed the same as Esper's. The sclera of his eye had turned black just like Esper's eyes. (Y/n) couldn't stop her surprise from showing.

        "Stop staring at it," Add said as he closed his eye and covered it again.

        "Wait, no, you don't have to do that," (y/n) whinned, upset that she had ruined the progress she had just made.

        "Yes, I do. It's unsightly and could be contagious," Add said as he looked away from her.

        "You were looking through my potions and elixirs for some reason though. Was it for a cure?" (y/n) said, not bothering to read his mind again. It was a serious invasion of privacy that (y/n) didn't do very often.

        "There is no cure. I've already tried looking for one," Add muttered.

        "It's only been...about five hours. A cure can still be out there somewhere. You just need more time to look for one before giving up," (y/n) said.

        "All I have is time. Traveling through it is easy and I reused those five hours too many times to count already," Add explained. The two of them fell silent again before (y/n) said anything else.

        "If there isn't a cure...then why were you still looking through the elixirs?" (y/n) asked, hoping the answer wasn't anything terrible.

        "Because I need something...I need it to help me deal with the pain. It won't go away...nothing helps," Add said quietly. The eye that (y/n) could see was lined with tears as Add held back his conflicting emotions.