Chapter 3 - Wolf Instincts

When we arrived at Fairy Hill, Erza, Natsu, Gray and I stayed in the living room while Levy and Wendy started making dinner in the kitchen. Levy mentioned the rest of the girls would be home soon. "What are we going to do? How do we tell them what's happening if they can't understand us?" I asked, "we will just have to handle this on our own" Erza replied.

Soon Levy came out of the kitchen to tell us dinner was ready. We walked into the dining room where all the girls were sitting. "I've put your dinners over there" Mira said pointing to four bowls of food and four bowls of water. After we ate dinner we sat in the living room, Erza was about to leave to her room when she turned to look at me. "Would you like to join me Lucy?" she asked, I had a thought.

"Sorry Erza, I think I'll stay on the couch with Natsu and Gray because someone has to stop these two from destroying the place" I replied. "You have a valid point" Erza said, "I think I'll stay down here too" she added as she laid on the armchair. Natsu, Gray and I shared sleeping on the couch.

I curled up on the right side of the couch and Natsu laid down beside me, putting his head on the back of my neck. "Why do you have your head on my neck, Natsu?" I asked him, "you're comfy to sleep on" he replied. "I'm not your pillow" I retorted, he didn't answer and I noticed he was fast asleep snoring. I inwardly sighed and closed my eyes to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and saw Natsu was sleeping on his back, 'he's cute' I thought. I looked over and saw Gray waking up, yawning. "Good morning Lucy" he said, "good morning Gray" I said. I noticed he had a smirk on his face as he looked at Natsu sleeping. "Payback time" he muttered, getting up and jumping on Natsu's stomach, "oof! What the hell Frost Bite?!" Natsu exclaimed as he glared at Gray. "Payback" Gray replied snickering, the two clashed heads throwing insults. 'Still the same even as wolves' I thought, I got off the couch leaving Natsu and Gray to their fight.

I stretched and walked to the armchair to see if Erza was awake. Erza was just waking up as I stood in front of the armchair. "Morning Lucy" she greeted when she saw me "good morning Erza" I greeted back. We looked over at the boys and they were still fighting. They moved their fight to the floor. "Lucy could you help me?" Erza asked, "sure" I replied. Erza bit Gray's tail while I bit Natsu's and they both shrieked.

Natsu turned to face me glaring and I just sat there smiling innocently. Gray turned to Erza at the same time glaring and Erza glared back. He backed away from her bumping into Natsu. Natsu turned to see Erza's glare and started to backing away also. Mira then came through the door "oh you're all up, breakfast is ready" she said. We all followed her to the dining room.

Some of the girls weren't awake yet, Levy, Wendy and Mira were eating breakfast on the table. We went to our bowls and ate the cooked bacon Mira cooked for us. After breakfast, we all left for the guild and when we arrived everyone greeted us.

I was feeling bored while at the guild, I couldn't talk to Levy about books and Natsu keeps fighting with Gray. While I was sitting in the corner of the guild watching my friends talk, Natsu ran over to me and tackled me. "What was that for?" I asked calmly, "you look bored and this is fun" he answered grinning, his tail wagging a million miles a minute. I smiled and said "thanks for noticing" before knocking him off me and tackling him. "You're right this is fun" I giggled and got off him.

"Have you been feeling like running in the forest lately?" Natsu asked me, "I have been feeling that, maybe it's a wolf instinct" I answered. He then nudged my side multiple times saying "then come on lets go!" I laughed, "alright alright no need to push" I said smiling walking out of the guild with Natsu.

We entered into the forest and ran side by side dodging trees. I loved the feel of the wind against my fur and the scent of the trees. It was peaceful, when we found an open field Natsu started chasing me around. When he caught me, he tackled me and starting licking my ears which made me ticklish. "Haha Natsu stop my ears are ticklish!" I kept laughing as he didn't stop.

Soon we became tired and laid down side by side having a nap on the soft grass. I woke up to Natsu nuzzling my neck "we need to get back to the guild" he said. Erza and Gray were behind him so I guessed they came to find us. I got up and stretched before following them towards the guild.

As we arrived at the guild, we heard a distant howl. "They're outside Magnolia" Erza said, "I hope they stay away from the guild and Fairy Hills. I don't want any of the girls in Fairy Hills to get hurt because of us" I said. "I agree, I think we should start sleeping in the forest from now on" Erza agreed and the boys both nodded at the decision.

Later that evening, Wendy called out "Lucy, Erza, Natsu and Gray, lets go!" We walked with her until we got outside Fairy Hill. We stopped and she turned her head to us "what's wrong?" she asked. We shook our heads and then I pointed my head towards the forest next to Fairy Hills. "You want to sleep in the forest?" she asked, we nodded our heads. "At least have dinner here before you go into the forest" she suggested, we nodded our heads in response and followed her inside.

Wendy explained to the girls that we were going to sleep in the forest from now on. After dinner, Erza, Natsu, Gray and I went into the forest. We went to the open field that Natsu and I found earlier.

We laid down on the soft grass close to each other. As I laid down, Natsu laid down beside me, I had gotten use to him sleeping beside me. He rested his head on the back of my neck and then started licking my ears. "Stop you know my ears are ticklish" I said trying not to laugh, "nope" he said continuing.

"What are you doing Flame Brain?" Gray said looking at us with his head tilted. Natsu lifted his head and I did the same, looking at Gray. "I found Lucy's tickle spot" Natsu replied with a smirk and then softly bit my ear. Gray growled at him and Natsu growled back. Gray stood up from his spot then Natsu got up from his spot next to me. They walked in a circle a little away from Erza and I, growling at each other.

"Should we stop them?" I asked Erza, "I have a feeling this is a wolf thing, so leave them be" Erza replied. I was shocked, Erza wasn't going to stop their fight?! "Plus, this is a good chance to practice fighting as a wolf" she continued, 'she's right, we need to practice so we can fight that pack' I thought. "Tomorrow we will start our training" she said, I nodded and turned to watch the boys fight.