Reasons

*Grey's POV*
I groan as I try to sit up to ease the pain a little bit. I turn on the lamp and see some blood had seeped through. "Mariella isn't awake yet... But, can't blame her, she went through a rough night." I thought. I get up and head for the bathroom. I carefully unravel the bandages as I search for the kit for new ones.

"Where is it?" I whisper, holding back a growl

I rummage the bottom cabinet under the sink and I still have no luck of finding the kit. I scratch the back of my head and look around. I begin chuckling to finally find it at the top of the cabinet, that was next to the sink... "Man I never look hard enough..." I thought. I look down at the wound and to my relief the bleeding stopped, now it was just a scab. "Might as well put some more ointment on it..." I thought.

After about what felt like hours of repairing my wound, I finally finish patching myself up. I turn off the lights in the bathroom and stand in the doorway for a minute to let my eyes adjust. I finally walk back into bed and get underneath the covers. However, as soon as I shut my eyes, I hear screaming coming from the other room. I jump out of bed and run into the room across the hall.

"Hey, hey," I say, jumping onto the bed, "I'm here... I'm here..."

She immediately hugs me and starts crying.

"What happened there little wolf?" I ask

"He," She cries, "He came running at me... I... I couldn't move... He... He..."

"Don't continue from there," I say, "You went through a lot tonight... Don't even bother waking up tomorrow... Or, later..."

"Can... Can you stay with me?" She asks

"This girl has a boyfriend... He's a dick and all but I feel uncomfortable with this... But, earlier... What was that? That... That wasn't me..." I thought, "Was that... My... No... I don't know..."

"Sure," I answer

I get underneath the covers with her and she instantly buries her face in my chest. I chuckle, but wrap my arms around her. I felt a smile in my chest as soon as I wrap my arms.

The next few days went normal; she stayed at my place, apparently keeping the place tidy and always has a meal ready for me when I get home from my day shift at the garage. "It feels like she's becoming my girlfriend..." I thought. I unlock the door and see the usual; Mariella sitting on the couch watching whatever I had on television and a plate of steaming food on the table.

"Welcome home," She says, in a chipper tone

She comes over to me and gives a peck on my cheek. Mariella practically drags me to the dinner tale without me having to take off my jacket.

"What's the rush little wolf?" I ask

"You HAVE to try this new recipe I made!" She says

I never want to disappoint her, considering she had been keeping up to date with the cleaning around my place... I don't even ask her to. I grab the fork and cut a piece and insert it into my mouth. I smile and happily growl as I dig into the plate. As soon as I finish the plate, I look to Mariella who is sitting on the island counter, on her phone.

*Mariella's POV*
I look up from my phone to see Grey walking towards me. "The hunger in his eyes..." I thought.

"Here," I say, "I can get those for you."

He places them beside me and holds me in place. I look down at him as he comes in closer to me.

"Don't," He says, "I can get them later... Right now, just stay right here."