Chapter 1

(Note: Please know that you are living the life of a peasant, so your clothing won't be what you might want. I know many aren't fans of dresses, but I'm going off the true history of fashion and living, so please bear with me and understand the (Y/N) WILL be wearing a dress. I'm sorry to those who aren't fans, that's just how its gonna be for now. I'm sorry...)

*(Y/N)'S POV*

"(Y/N), sweetheart! Could you please water the garden for me while I get some lunch ready?" my mother, Tilly, asked of me. 

I gentle place down the book I was reading. Its cover was already worn to bits, and half the pages are ripped in some places, whereas some are completely gone. But either way, I wanted to preserve what was remaining. Afterall, books down come that often to peasants, so we got to make with what have and not let it waste.

"Yeah, mum, I'll be right down!" I quickly dust off the dirt from the skirt of my dress, being careful to make sure I don't get my fingers caught in any of the holes and making them bigger. 

I make my way downstairs, stepping over the broken floorboards and missing steps along the way. I pass my father, Roy, on the way to the door, seeing him sitting comfortably at our wooden dining table. He was reading the town's paper. It, like most things we have, was worn and ripped. Chances are it's left over from a business stand somewhere within our quaint town. 

"What's the paper say today, Pops?" I ask, giving him a kiss on the head. He'd left the house early this morning to work in the mines. He usually came home around lunch. 

"Ah, nothing we already don't hear from the gossip around town," he answered, putting the paper down. He looked up at me with a warm smile. "How's my girl today?" 

I gave him a smile back. "I'm well, got up a bit earlier than usual. I also helped mum with baking today." 

Pop's eyes lit up. "Did you perhaps make--"

I cut him off, already knowing his question; "Yes, we made blueberry muffins," 

His fist bumps the air. "Wonderful. Your mother makes the best blueberry muffins in town. Ain't that right, hun?" he asked. 

Mum peeked out from the kitchen, a towel in hand with some flour on her cheek from this morning. "Oh hush you, they're just a simple recipe, and you know that," she said sternly, but with a bit of humour and a smile on her face. "And (Y/N), the garden?" 

"Right, right," I said, remembering my assigned job. I pat father on the shoulder before heading for the back door, which happens to be through the kitchen. This allowed me to kiss my mothers cheek. "The watering can is still outside, correct?" 

"It should be. The wind from last night might've blown it a few feet away," she said. "You should remember to bring it back inside. We can't go losing it." 

I nod and leave to go water our garden. 

It wasn't anything much, just something simple and sweet, like our family. We have tomatoes, potatoes, chives, peas, carrots, and the starting of pumpkins for fall. We had flowers here and there to give it a pretty style, sunflowers and dandelions, nothing more. 

Making it the side of the house, I look where I last left the watering can. Thankfully, our house is pretty secluded, so it's doubtful someone stole it. But to my dismay, it's not on the stub where it was left. I huff in annoyance and start eyeing around for it. Surely something as bright green as the watering can shouldn't be too hard to spot. 

As I look around the small backyard we have, I spot something green in the bushes. "Ah-ha!" I cheer and sander toward it. Realise that it's on the ground, I slow descend to my knees and duck under the bush for a peek. There was indeed something green, but it looked different from the can. 

Perhaps I've just forgotten what the can looks like?

I crawl to get a closer look. It started dawning on me how far back it was in the bush. How did it get so far back? 

At this point, I was crawling inside the bush, my right hand feeling around for the can. When I felt my hand touch something, I go to grab it. 

Then it moved. 

I quickly flinch my hand back, gasping a tad bit. 

What I touched wasn't a watering can. 

Curious, I look deeper into the bush. Maybe it's a bird or something?  I lean forward, not really wanting to crawl any further in then I have. 

From the spot in front of me, I see a... 

A pair of red shoes? And attached to those shoes were feet and legs. I look up more to see a boy, a year or two older than me, laying on his side on the ground. I couldn't exactly tell if he was awake, as his eyes were covered from a branch. I reach forward and every so slowly moves said branch.

And I see a pair of open green eyes staring at me. 

I stare in shock as the boy quickly sits up and covers my mouth, his gloved hand gripping my upper arm. 

My breath quickens as I realize the danger I'm currently in. I'm far enough into the bush that my parents can't see me, and this stranger is holding my mouth closed. I start trying to wiggle my body from his grip. 

Oddly enough, the boy himself looks fairly panicked, probably more than myself. He leaned in close and whispered; "P-please don't freak out! I-I'm trying to hide." he said. "If you scream, they'll find me." 

I stop my movements and turn my head to the side in confusion. What is he hiding from? 

Seeing that I've calmed down, he slowly removed his hand. "Thank you for calming down. I won't hurt you, I just, I needed a place to hide, and this was the best I could go with." his green eyes looked so panicked and afraid. 

"Wha... What are you hiding from?" I ask in a low voice like he was. 

"I-it doesn't matter." he waved off. "Um, w-what's your name?" 

I wasn't sure if he could be trusted. I mean, he is in my bushes hiding form something. And it could just be the way he seems so panicked in the situation, but I feel like I could trust him. Not many bad people would be so freaked out. 

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," I answered, sharing a small smile. "What's yours?" 

The boy looked hesitant to answer like it'd reveal everything about him. He gave me a hard look into my eyes, and I felt compelled to stare back. Its green colour had me in a trance-like he was hypnotizing me. 

After a moment, his eyes flinched away, frantic, but not the same as before. His hand reached up to his head, scratching his odd coloured hair, a small blush appearing on his freckled cheeks. He was flustered. 

"I-Izuku. My name is Izuku Midoriya." 

~*~*~*~

HOW WAS THAT FOR A FIRST CHAPTER?!?! 

God, words can't describe how excited I am to write this!! Izuku is my all time favourite character, so writing this book means a lot to me! I hope you all enjoy it, cause I will!

Thanks for reading!

Love you all!

*~Lace V. Rose~*

(Word Count: 1260 Words)