Chapter 5

*(Y/N)'s POV*

As the day wrapped up to a starry night Izuku and I were sent off to bed. My mother had given a blanket and permission for Izuku to sleep in my room -though dad said he must sleep on the floor. We both agreed to the conditions and headed to the room. As soon as we entered a chill went down my spine; courtesy of the hole in my wall. It wasn't huge but big enough to offset the temperature. I allow Izuku to start setting up while I head to the washroom to change into my nightwear. When I return, Izuku had started to set up his bedding on the floor about a foot or two away from my bed. 

"I hope this isn't too close." He worried as I walked and sat in my bed.

I chuckle lightly and shake my head. "No, it's okay. You're good." I reassure. "Besides, the closer we are, the warmer we are. It gets pretty chilly in here." Izuku nodded in understanding and continued to prep his spot. Once done, he snuggled under the thickest blanket we could offer and wiggled till he was comfortable. I did the same, only in my worn down bed. "Comfy and warm?" I ask. 

Izuku nodded. "Very much so, thank you." 

I smile in amusement. "You are so polite, Izuku." 

"Is that a bad thing?" 

I shake my head. "Not at all. It's refreshing, in fact." I say. "As much as there are good people in this town there are some bad people as well. Rude, stuck up assholes who think they are better than us for no reason other than having a coin or two more than the rest of us." 

Izuku gave a sympathetic expression my way. "Well, if it helps at all; I won't be like them. Chances are you have more than me anyway," he slightly chuckled. 

I smile at his attempt to cheer me up. "That does help, I guess. Thank you." 

"W-welcome." He stuttered as a yawn escaped his lips. Izuku's green eyes slowly closed as sleep took over him and it wasn't long before I could hear his light snoring. 

I gave one final smirk at the green haired boy before turning myself on my back. Staring at the ceiling I think of my brief conversation with Izuku in the kitchen. It was clear he was avoiding the topic of the person looking for him but I can't figure out why. Wouldn't it be better to tell someone? Then they could protect you. I can only hope Izuku will tell me soon who they were soon. 

A yawn escaped my lips, all the thinking had gotten me tired. I turn to face the wall and curl up in my covers. I snuggle my head into the lumpy and stiff pillow as my vision slowly closes off from reality and I'm taken to the world of sleep. 

_____

I wake the next morning to a bright morning, the sun shining happily in my face - and by the sun I mean Izuku, who was currently shaking me lightly awake. I groan and wave his hands away from my arm. Izuku releases me and I instantly revert back under the covers. 

"(Y/N)," I hear him whine. "Please get up." 

"Whhhyyyyyy~" I groan sleepily. "It's way too early."

"But your mother sent me to wake you."

Before Izuku could finish his sentence I was up in my bed the moment I heard the word mother. If she sent someone to wake me its because she needs something from me. I throw away the covers and hurry from the bed. Grabbing the same dress from the previous day I head to the washroom to change. Quickly getting dressed and doing my hair I leave the washroom, not forgetting to throw my nightwear in my room and pulling a confused Izuku downstairs with me. Dragging the poor boy, I head directly to the kitchen where mom was making breakfast. 

She greets me with a smile that I return. "Morning dear, I'm glad to see you got ready so fast." Mom held out two plates with eggs and bread. "Enjoy the meal darling~"