03: Reunion II

Murasakibara Atsushi's POV

I sweatdropped when I finally realized where we were. Maji Burger? I turned to my companions, scowling. But Kuroko and Yumi seemed pleased, while Himuro and Kagami were looking so miserable. They were obviously exhausted from the long walk while carrying four heavy cases.

"Why are we here?" I asked, giving them a disapproving look.

Yumi turned to me, "Kuroko-kun told me their vanilla shake is the best. I want to try it."

Her gaze made my tongue idle. I wanted to complain more but I lost the courage. Damn! She looked really excited and happy. Kuroko and her got along pretty well. In fact, they were inseparable ever since we left the airport.

Kagami groaned. Aloud. "We should have taken a taxi if you intended to come here!"

"I wanted to go sightseeing, sorry." Then she let out a shaky laugh.

"You can do that after you've taken care of these heavy bags of yours!" Kagami was pretty annoyed. He stretched his arms out then massaged his own shoulders.

"Yeah. Your things are a little too heavy, you know." Himuro did the same, but there was no sign of being annoyed on his face.

Somewhere in my heart, I felt a little guilty. I should have helped them. I glanced at Yumi, she looked so guilty as well.

"I'm so sorry. I've been so inconsiderate to the both of you." She walked closer to the two, tiptoed and gave each one of them a peck on the cheek. I was surprised, them too--even Kuroko.

"A token of apology. Sorry again." She smiled cheekily to the two statues.

"Yumi," Himuro recovered first. "You shouldn't kiss so casually like that in public places."

She pouted, "Nande? We do that a lot in America. And besides, what's so wrong about it? It's only on the cheeks. Alex is even naughtier, she kisses you on the lips and you don't even complain."

We do that a lot in America?

What the! So they kissed a lot of times in America? Suddenly, I felt my blood ran cold.

"Y-You're different, Yumi. People will think we have a relationship," Kagami stuttered.

"Jeez. To you both? Ew." Then she laughed, "Mou. Whatever you two!" She grabbed Kuroko's hand then dragged him towards the counter, "Let's go, Kuroko-kun. We'll order."

"Chotto matte kudasai, Yumi-san."

Himuro sighed, "Mattaku.."

I stared at the two beside me, they were still flustered. My eyes sharpened upon realizing something.

They love her!

* * *

We occupied the biggest and farthest table around the corner. I sat beside Himuro while Yumi sat across us, beside the Seiren Duo. Our position was putting me especially on edge. I was still not so sure about what to do with Yumi around, especially when we're face to face. I couldn't hide every expression that I might make whenever I see her do something that would remind me of the past.

But my thoughts were interrupted when I saw the number of burgers in Kagami's tray. "Are you sure you're human?"

He glared at me, "You're one to talk! You're a glutton!"

"Don't fight in front of the food, guys." Yumi took a sip of her shake then turned to Kuroko with a satisfied smile, "Oh! You're right, Kuroko-kun. It's delicious."