06: Their Special Bond

Third Person's POV

By the time the two got off the cab, Fujima Yumi immediately showered Murasakibara Atsushi with apology. Why? Apparently, he had to pay for their fare because her wallet was in her bag, which they left in Maji Burger. Murasakibara was complaining because his money was for his snacks, and the charged bill was worth his week's allowance. Well, if you think about it, it's only natural that he should pay because he's the man and he was the one who suddenly dragged her out of the blue. But he was too busy pouting childishly about the possibility of not having heavenly sweets for a week to even realize that fact.

"Hontoni Gomenasai, Atsushi." She bowed her head over and over again, "I'll pay you back later."

"Mou. Stop that already," he finally realized that it was his fault in the first place and so he stopped sulking. And besides, the face she was giving him was damn adorable, he couldn't take it. "Just make sure you'll provide snacks for me until I get my allowance."

She pouted, which made him stare at her cute expression. "What a glutton you've become." She smiled happily then hugged his left arm, "Fine, deal!"

Murasakibara hid the blush and the smile that decorated his face by looking away. And that's when he noticed the cab that was still in front of them, "What's up with you, Driver-chin?"

The old man looked at Yumi with a shy expression, "Umm. Are you Sweet Yumi? The international Model?"

The two teens showed a surprised look at first but then the model immediately composed herself and smiled, "Hai, I'm Yumi. Hajimemashite."

"Can I have your autograph? My boys are your fans. They have your photobooks and every magazine that you've been featured," he asked politely with a smile as he handed her a clean piece of paper and a pen.

"Really? Sure, no problem." She took the paper and the pen and signed it, she added a brief thank you message and a cute little heart icon. "Here," she gave it back to the old man with a sparkling smile.

The kind driver gratefully took the signed paper and examined it before putting it in a secured place in the dashboard, "Thank you so much. They'll surely get awfully happy when they see this."

"Really? I'm honored."

Murasakibara took a quick glance at his childhood friend, thinking that she was really popular. Funny, even though they were face-to-face, she seemed out of reach. But at the same time, he couldn't help but feel happy and proud of what she had become.

The old man examined the tall purple-haired teen beside the beautiful model whom his sons adored. If his memory was correct, he was the Center of the infamous Generation of Miracles. "And you must be her boyfriend? You're a basketball player, right? I saw you in one of Yosen High's games during last Winter Cup."

"He's damn annoying. Nosey old man," Murasakibara thought, brows twitching.

"Yes, he's a basketball player. He's amazing, right?" Yumi beamed, proud of her friend. But before she could say another word, the tall male dragged her away again. "C-Chotto, Atsushi."

"Bye bye, Driver-chin."

"He's really weird for someone with that height and appearance. Basketball players sure are lucky, they can easily get beautiful women," was what the driver thought before driving away.

Yumi waved goodbye, "Bye, Driver-san. Say hello to your sons for me."

*  *  *

Yumi got a call from Himuro telling her that Kagami and him were on their way with her suitcases and things. Yumi had never been more relieved. When she put her phone away, the only thing she secured before getting dragged by his childhood friend, she turned to Murasakibara who was secretly sulking at the thought of Kagami and Himuro seeing Yumi again. But of course, he was doing his best to hide his true feelings by yawning and acting lazy.