𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

☆ ☆ ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

Mac felt like she was on cloud nine. Her day already glimmered and glowed brightly despite the humidity and rain. A Saturday morning never felt this good.

Her Group FaceTime session to update her best friends, was going as expected.

Filled with Chaos and excitement.

"You did what?!"

"We had a candle lit dinner in his garden" Mac replied, grinning in remembrance of yesterday.

Both of her friends gasped in sync on the call. After the movie Paige and Parker drove Mac back to school, not before he kissed her on the cheek and Paige Taunted them both extensively with kissing noises. This kiss wasn't much but it was enough, in Mac's opinion it was perfect. She practically floated upstairs when she got home.

Then her deprecation began.

"Y'all don't get too excited there is still a problem, he has still been with Mia. That's weird"

"Eff Mia"

"So"

"Y'all are bad, but he slept with my sister" who Mac responded to her friends with a sigh.

"Girl if you let that deter you, you will never have a boyfriend"  Madison shared matter of factly. 

"Madison" Mac gasped at the out-of-pocket comment.

"I'm just saying, Parker has probably been with others and it wasn't like he knew it was your sister. That boy professed to you that he liked you for years. It's clear that if he knew, he wouldn't have done that. Try not to fault him for things he had no knowledge about" Madison explained wisely to her friend.

"You know what she's doing?" Grace asked loudly into the phone.

"What?" Madison questioned as if the friend they were talking about wasn't on the line.

"She is trying to find reasons to not like him"

"..."

"Mac are you not going to speak for yourself?"

"No, I'm just pointing out the obvious warning signs before anything gets too serious" Mac explained, her giddiness dwindling quickly.

"I think you should give him more time, it's been one date and you seem to really like him" Mac wanted to know what time would do besides make her like him more and Whether she wanted to admit it or not she did enjoy spending time with him.

"Now tell us what he's like!"

Mac thought about it, "he's very insightful"

"Insightful?!"