Chapter 11: It's Time To Deliver The Package

(Reader's POV)

                 Violet's eyes flutter open, a gasp leaving her lips

                 Violet's eyes flutter open, a gasp leaving her lips. An unbearable Pain spreads throughout the lower part of her abdomen. She automatically turns on her back and pulls her legs up to her belly. Violet let's out a loud scream as the pain becomes worse.
Steve opens his eyes, groggy from sleep, and flips on the light. He looks over to see the bed is all wet. Violet is in tears, groaning in pain.
"Hold on, Darling. I'm going to go get Dr. Cho." Steve rushes out of the living quarters to Dr. Cho's room.
He bangs on the door. Dr. Cho opens the door within minutes. She's wearing a silk robe and a hair bun. When she sees Steve's face, she knows it's time to deliver the package.
"Go call Dr. Nathario." Dr. Cho grabs the number on her sink counter sand shoves it towards Steve.
Dr. Cho rushes to Dr. Banner's room, banging on the door lightly. Steve grabs the cellphone Natasha had made him get when he moved to Washington. He can still barely use it, just to make calls. He hasn't even learned how to text much. Steve dials Dr. Nathario's number. Natasha opens her bedroom door, angry from all the banging on doors. She sees Steve with his phone.
"What the hell, Rogers?" Natasha growls.
"It's time to deliver the package." Steve turns and walks to his and Violet's bedroom.
Natasha stands there, questioning what Steve meant. Then it hits her. She walks over and begins banging on Clint and Thor's door. Excitement fills her chest. She's going to beat them in the bet. Natasha speed walks down to the Roger's room. When she arrives, the former Russian agent is taken back by the screams of her pregnant friend. Violet is covered in sweat, screaming and in a pushing position. She's panting and crying. Bruce appears, pushing past Natasha.
"Has Dr. Nathario been informed?" Bruce says concerned.
Steve nods. "Yeah, I called him."
"Well, everyone needs to get out. We're going to need some space."
Steve walks over and kisses Violet on her forehead, nodding to her. He walks out with Romanoff. Just as they are about walk out, Clint and Thor walk up. Natasha shakes her head at them. Motioning to turn back.
"What is happening?" Thor says
Violet's screams fill the air. Everyone stands there wide eyed. Natasha once again motions for them to turn around. This time, they do. Steve walks to Blue's room. He opens the door and flips the light on, Blue's sprawled out in his bed. The light makes him jolt awake, covering his head with the sheets. Steve walks over to the bed.
"It's time to wake up, son." Steve says with a tired smile.
Blue checks the clock on the side of his bed. "It's 4 o'clock in the damn morning!"
"Your mom's about to have her baby." Steve nods.
Blue gives his father a sassy look, annoyed and groggy.
"Can't it wait until 9 o'clock?" Blue pulls the covers over his head.
Steve grabs the covers and pulls them off of his son, revealing a naked Blue. Blue covers his groin and rushes to his closet, pulling on jeans and a t-shirt. They all head onto the elevator. Violet's screams echo through the living quarters. Tony steps out if his room, dressed in his paisley robe and silky black pajamas. He walks to Steve's bedroom, hearing the screams.
"Rogers, haven't I told you before to keep this door closed when you fornicate with my—" Tony turns to see Violet in a pushing position. "Oh, my god. The package is on its way."
Dr. Cho shoves Tony out of the room. Tony gives her an annoyed look.
"When Dr. Nathario comes, send him up." And with that, the door is closed on Tony's face.

The Avengers, all but Bruce, sit in the living room. It's 8:30 in the morning. Violet has been in labor for 4 hours and 30 minutes and there has been no word if she's doing okay. Steve paces the floor, worried if Violet will be okay. He nearly lost her the first time she had a baby, he would be damaged if he lost her this time. Tony rolls his eyes at Steve.
"You're going to leave a faded print on my new floors, Rogers." Tony says annoyed.
"It's not your baby, Tony." Steve says
"Technically it is, considering she's the one pushing your child of—" Tony starts.
Natasha glares at Tony, putting her hands over Blue's ears.
"I feel like Violet would scowl you, so I'm going to do it." Natasha scowls at him, "Tony, don't talk like that in front of the baby."
Blue rolls his eyes. "I'm no longer the baby."
Everyone exchanges looks. Blue notices this and gives them a questionable look. Steve continues on pacing, his hands on his hips. His mind filled with the terrors that could be happening at that very moment.
"Blue," Tony says with a smile "just because there's a new baby, it doesn't mean that we love you any less."
"Don't worry, all siblings go through this stage." Natasha nods.
Thor looks between Natasha and Tony confused.
"I did not." The God of Thunder says, receiving glares from Natasha and Tony.
Clint slaps a hand on Blue's back, smiling down at his young friend.
"You'll learn to love the new baby, Chief. It's just a helpless baby. You were once a helpless and small, now look at you." Clint explains, "Whether or not it's a boy or a girl, we're going to protect this baby like we had you. It's your turn to protect your little sibling."
Blue slightly smirks, not expecting that. He hadn't thought of it like that before. He could protect this baby, like an Avenger. The thought makes him smirk with joy. Clint nods, looking up at Natasha and Tony.
"Sometimes you have to know what to say, Nat." Clint leans back in his seat.
Natasha rolls her eyes at her best friend, a small smile on her lips. They all sit back and wait, all but pacing Steve of course. Suddenly, the elevator doors open. Everyone jumps, all eyes on the elevator doors. Bruce steps out, walking into the living room. There's blood stains on his pajamas, his eyes dark. Fear seeps into Steve's heart, causing him to slightly crack inside.
Tony stands and rushes over to Bruce, trying to be the first one to know.
"Is Violet okay? What is it? A boy or a girl?" Tony says with a smile on his face.
Bruce doesn't look his friend in the eyes. Everyone crowds around Bruce,w airing for an explanation. His behavior worries them.
"It's twins, isn't it?" Natasha says with a slight smirk, it faded away as quickly spas it came.
"Banner, tell us what has happened." Thor says with crossed arms, his voice serious.
"Violet is having some complications, Dr. Nathario is having her shipped to a hospital." Steve's heart begins to break, "The baby made it out okay, though."
"What is it?" Natasha says happily, excited.
Steve glares at her, as does Thor. Violet's having problems and all Natasha can think about is that stupid bet. Bruce finally looks up at them, slightly smirking.
"It's a—"