Sorry - Justin Bieber

Song : Sorry
Singer : Justin Bieber
Yes, I do realise once again that the chapter has no direct links with the songs but oh, well, it inspired me so...I'm gonna go with it.

There's something so mesmerising about a fire, you know? I could stare at it all day, everyday, watching the flames rise into the sky and then die down to embers. It's fierceness, it's power, it's ability to destroy anything with just a single touch, it's all beautiful. And in the night, the fire isn't just a fire anymore, it's an artist, colouring the dark sky with its bright flames, lighting the dark. The sight is simply magnificent, I tell you.

That's why I was standing here, in front of a two-storey house which was being engulfed by flames.

The fire brigade weren't here yet, which was a big relief. Honestly, they kill all the fun. However, there was a lot of commotion. People running around, trying to kill the fire by using water but it won't die that easily, I'd know that. An electric fire can't be put out using water but they don't know that.

Screams can still be heard from within the house. As far as I've observed over the past few days, presently there's an old woman and her two grandchildren occupying the house. The older one was a girl  and the younger a boy.

Meanwhile, I checked my wristwatch, frowning at how much time he was taking. I told him to be here by two. Maybe he's still angry. Although, swallowing my pride, I must admit that I may have misunderstood the situation a teensy bit. Accusing him of cheating on me when he wasn't, that was wrong on my behalf.

So, there is a chance I might get stood up.

Gods, I hope not. Wouldn't want my sorry present to go to waste.

"Wow," a voice says from behind me, immediately causing me to grin. Turning around faster than a predator chasing its prey, I wrap my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. Oh, the sound of his heartbeat, I've been missing that since the past three years. Hearing it somehow makes me feel complete.

"I missed you so much!" I squeal, tightening my hold around him.

"Babe, this is...beautiful. How-" he starts, beholding the sight before him. Pulling myself of him, I take another look at my artwork.

It's been three long years since I've seen him. He still looks quite the same though, if not better. A tiny stubble across his jaw and chin makes him seem even more mature and underneath his white t-shirt, I can see some muscles peeking out that were non-existent before. With his hands in his jeans pockets, he continues to stare at my masterpiece, that is, the flames, in wonderment.

"I'm sorry for that false accusation the other day," I cut him off, still grinning. "And this is my sorry gift!"

"It's marvellous," he whispers in awe. With the fire illuminating his face, he looks no less than an angel. My angel.

"I know!" I squeal. "And I'm glad you liked it."

"How did you know that-that I-?" He asks, still in awe.

"Well, did some digging and found out that this used to be a hobby of yours," I grinned before taking another look at the fire. "Before the asylum. And now that I've tried it, I can see why you enjoyed it. The thrill, the rush...it's amazing."

I think this counts as the second best experience of my life, the first one making love with him.

"You've changed," he comments, raising his eyebrows. "You're much happier now. Why?"

"For you and because of you," I answer, looking into his eyes, searching for an answer. "Do you like it?"

"Love it," he admits, nodding in approval of my work, causing my grin to widen. "Used electricity for it?"

"You're smart," I answer. "Just mess up their electricity and boom! These idiots will take sometime in realising that it's electric."

"Good idea to make it last longer," he says. "Your sorry gift's beautiful, but I still haven't forgiven you, you know."

I pout, causing him to shrug.

"I'm sorry for that day, baby. I shouldn't have accused you like that but you need to be sorry too," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I need to be sorry?" He chortles.

"Yes, you do," I answer. "I made a mistake and you...punish me for three years? Locking yourself up in an asylum?" The lines on his face harden and he looks at me with a grief stricken expression.

"Because you hurt me, baby," he replies, caressing my face. "I tried my best to be everything you wanted, everything that is considered 'normal', and what did you do? Accuse me of cheating. I was so angry, babe. You needed to understand how much I love you, that's why I got myself caught while lighting a petrol pump on fire. You needed to realise that you're incomplete without me and that was possible only if I was away from you. And I can't do that unless I'm locked up with chains."

His explanation left me in a state of shock. He got himself caught purposely? Spent three long years rotting in that place intentionally? For me? My heart swells up at that.

"Babe..." I start, but my voice cracks.

I still can't believe how much he's willing to sacrifice for me. Three years of his life...for my own good.

"I know, I know. I'm awesome," he grins. "We both caused each other pain, so it's a tie. We're good?"

"Perfect," I answer, swallowing the lump in throat. He's perfect.

"But hey, something good came out of it," he says, gesturing to the house, which by now was crumbling down to its remains and the screams inside died down long back. "I mean, look at you, arsonist."

"Can't disagree," I answer with a smile, wrapping my arms around him. "You leaving changed me for the better. And now you'll never have to hide from me again, I'll be your partner in crime. Arson, thievery, coercion, expunge, whatever it may be, I'm with you."

"I never knew I could love you anymore than I already did but life's full of surprises," he mutters, engulfing me in a hug. Taking a long intake of breath, I feel him smile. "You hair still smells amazing."

Leave it to him to still make me blush.

"You're adorable," I breath out a laugh, pulling away. "Kiss me already."

And it was like that's the only sign he needed. He lunged at me with a shocking force with his hands clutching my hair and his lips locked with mine. I pull him closer by his shoulder, kissing him back just as desperately. With the fire blazing in the background in the dark night sky, our hungry kiss is picturesque and mesmerising for an on-looker. The melody of the screams and shouting gets tuned out for the both of us for the next few seconds as we only see each other.

And in that moment I realise that my sorry gift couldn't have been any better.