037

A/N wait until playing the song above

Anne was stressed, infuriated if you would say, she had no idea what she was going to wear and Gilbert was supposed to be here in about 30 minutes to pick her up so they could go to Fred's party. After of what felt like ages of looking for something decent to wear, Anne just gave up and decided to go with a white crop top, ripped jeans, a flannel and some white converse. The sun was starting to set in avonlea which made Anne's room shine dashing colours of marigold, sandstone and honey and her hair a sweet auburn. Anne always enjoyed looking at the sunset in the horizon out of her window, it made her feel free somehow, like how the wind blows neither left nor right, Sort of like a kindred spirit and how each adventure and curiosity let's it's imagination roam freely, just like the wind.

As Anne let her imagination get the best of her, a quick blink of flashing headlights stopped Anne from her daydream, it took Anne a few moments to realize that it was Gilbert coming to pick her up. She quickly gathered her things, said goodbye to Marilla and ran outside to greet her knight in shining armour in a porcelain Chevrolet Malibu.

"Hey" Anne sat down in the passenger seat waiting for a response as Gilbert just studied her in awe, you'd think after months of dating he'd wouldn't be so star struck every time he laid eyes on her but this is Gilbert Blythe we're talking about here.

After a few moments of driving on the open road music started to whisper in their ears making Gilbert turn up the radio

(Play the song Cigarettes After Sex - Apocalypse for a better reading experience: It's also linked in the headboard)

Gilbert started tapping the steering wheel to the beat of the music while nodding his head, making Anne laugh and hum along to the music as well. Oh how he loved to hear her heavenly laugh ring in his ears, it made him fill up with joy knowing that he put that beautiful smile on her glowing face. Everything about Anne made him basically fall to his knees. Her smile, laugh, eyes, the freckles on the bridge of her nose, there wasn't one possible thing he could name that he even nearly disliked about her, she was an angel on earth

His angel on earth and nothing or no one would change that.

"Got the music in me baby tell me whyyy" Gilbert sang his heart out loud which made Anne laugh even more as she taped on the car to the beat joining in with Gilbert

"You've been haunting me forever and you just can't say goodbye" Anne sang as well making an imaginary microphone with her hand while pointing at Gilbert, pretending he was a live audience filled with roaring fans when in reality, it was just two love struck teens blasting music in a car driving to a party filled with drunk teens. But to them it didn't matter where they were going, as long as they were together they'd be just fine.

Anne looked out the car window, listening to the birds on the summer breeze while Gilbert drove fast on the road. Anne intertwined their hands earning a smile on Gilbert's face making her giggle as Gilbert kissed the back of Anne's hand. Anne enjoyed moments like this especially where they could just embrace each other's presence in a quiet environment if only they knew what was about to happen in the next 8 hours...
(I will love you forever if you got the reference at the beginning cause who doesn't love Lana)

A/N dun dun dun lmao I'm so cringe ahaha I'm so sorry this is super short I'm writing more chapters so stay tuned and whoever got the reference to Lana del Rey at the end I actually love you