The Talent Show

It was the night of the talent show, Simon, Hadley, Gwen, Daniel, and Yorgo were in the audience. Yorgo had his video camera with him recording.

"Oh my god, what if she throws up on stage or passes out or something?" Simon asked.

"Aw, you're worried about her. Don't worry Simon, she'll do fine," Hadley said.

"Yeah Simon. Remember when I was the mighty Eucalyptus for Jack and The Beanstalk?" Daniel asked.

"Yes I do. Why?" 

"I wasn't nervous when I was on stage. Heck, I didn't even throw up."

Simon grinned and nodded. Then, Yorgo started talking to the camera.

"I am here at the school of Simon Ferguson's niece! I am so excited! They are having a talent show here and she's in it! I heard she's a comedian on the show. Look it's starting! Shh!"

Yorgo shushed the audience as the drama teacher walked out.

"Hello everybody and welcome to our annual talent show!"

The audience cheered.

"We are jam packed. Our first performance is Gary Sherman reciting an excerpt from Hamlet. Give it up for Gary!"

"Oh great ,Geeky Gary," Gwen said silently.

"Gwen," Hadley said sternly.

"To be or not to be, that is the question!..."

Other talents including a cute boy singing As Long As You Love Me by The Backstreet Boys.

After about four more people, it was Melissa's turn.

"Ok, for the final act of the evening, this young lady just started here at this school over a month ago, she is from England and she will make you laugh. Give it up for Melissa Ferguson!"

The audience cheered, especially Simon and the gang. Melissa walked on stage and began.

"How are you guys doing?"

The audience cheered.

"Jam packed like a super sized can of sardines."

The audience laughed.

"I always wanted be a comedian. Once I perform my first show, I'll do some unexpected things."

She chuckled, all of a sudden, she threw herself on the floor. The audience laughed hard.

"Ow, I hit my head, but it's comedy, I'm allowed to."

The audience giggled.

"I come from England and I know we pronounce and spell words differently than the US. Like for example, the word hiatus, you pronounce it hiatus, according to my Uncle Simon, it's heatoose."

The audience chuckled.

"He might find that offensive, ha ha. The word wait is spelled backwards, we spell it WIAT instead of WAIT, make it look like it sounds similar to Wyatt. The English's been saying Wyatt before Wyatt Earp was even famous."

The audience chuckled again.

"The only difference between the English school system and the American school system, corporal punishment is illegal in a lot of the states. My old headmaster was as scary as Mr. Murderstone from David Copperfield...the book by Charles Dickens... not the magician."

More giggles.

"Even though I live in America, a paddle or rod still gives me bleedin' nightmares! It's legal where I come from like saggy jeans that kids wear these days! They think it's cool, no it's not, it makes them look bleedin' stupid!"

The audience cheered.

"I have no idea how much more time I have left on this stage, let me bring up one last thing, pets, let me bring up the subject of pets. I never had a pet but I see them out in public. I would see their owners feeding them human food. I even saw a lady feed a small dog apple sauce while it was in a bleedin' stroller. If you think it's cute, I respect your opinions but who the bloody heck treats their pet like a human baby? One more thing, I would rather see my future dog come up to me like Oliver Twist and say 'please sir, I want some more."

The audience cheered. 

"Thank you guys so much, you were awesome! God bless America! Cheerio loves!"

Melissa ran in a funny way backstage as she waved. The teacher came out.

"Thank you so much Melissa, that was hysterical. And now, lets vote for the winner of this years talent show. You-"

Melissa was sneaking back onstage for the amusement of the audience when the teacher started talking. She had a airhorn in her hand. The airhorn bellowed in the teacher's ear.

"Ow!"

Melissa ran backstage.

"Melissa, you naughty girl!"

Everyone laughed.

"Ok, as I was saying. You will be passed a piece of paper to vote for your favorite act."

They placed their votes.

"Melissa," Hadley said as she voted.

"Melissa," Daniel said.

"Melissa," Gwen said.

"Melissa," Simon said.

"Melissa," Yorgo said.

They were collected and counted.

"Alright, the results are in. In second place, Andrew Richardson for his cover of As Long As You Love Me by The Backstreet Boys."

The audience cheered.

"And in first place, who had over half the votes in this auditorium, is Melissa Ferguson and her stand up comedy routine!"

Everyone cheered for Melissa!