006 |

( CHAPTER SIX! )

( CHAPTER SIX! )

( COLIN AND HIS BABY )

His decision to be a less of an asshole to the people who were kind to him plus a week had led him to Liz Allan's party.

To be honest, he didn't know how he ended up drinking with Flash, helping him choose songs which the process included lots of bickering and bantering. He was able to smile and relax for a while though, it was all that mattered.

He didn't know how he ended up in the tub, with weed in hand, laughing as he listened to Sam, telling stories about the first half of freshman year that Colin had missed, either.

As much as it felt like a blessing to let go, all of it felt rather fake. He wasn't this relaxed person who could sit close to someone else without feeling sick. He wasn't this person who didn't think about his brother and his well-being or his father an what he was up to or his sister and the life she was having without them.

For that night he was trying to be someone else, blaming it on the alcohol (what a cliché. He hated clichés.) It was easier when the smoke was clouding his judgment but he had been down this road before and he knew he was actually still himself enough to feel a little guilty.

It was just easier to pretend like he was wasted when he was just slightly tipsy.

The bliss lasted only until Flash came chiming in any way.

"Your little baby lost his shit, dude."

Colin raised his brows and looked back and forth between Sam and Flash until he realized Flash was talking to him. "My what did what now?"

"Parker. He is acting crazy," Flash stated so naturally that Colin wasn't quick to register what he was saying. Without asking first, Flash sat in the tub that wasn't large enough for the trio, his legs were dangling by the edge of it like the rest of them. Colin was squished between the two boys for a moment, his breath hitched and he got up.

"He is drinking? I wouldn't have taken him for a party animal."

"I'm still shocked Parker showed up at a party, man. It's a first."

Colin sighed and his wasted persona slipped away, a frown appeared on his face and Sam had realized the change since he was giving him concerned looks. "Where is he?"

"You'll see once you find the crowd," Flash said with a smirk and shrugged.

"You don't have to go-"

"I'll find you later," Colin cut Sam midsentence.

He practically jogged to the living room and was welcomed with the people's cheering 'chunk' over and over again. He gritted his teeth, he was really not that high enough for this, not at all.