021 |

(  CHAPTER TWENTYONE ! )

( PEOPLE LEAVE AND PEOPLE BETRAY )

°

His heart was racing too fast to the point he could feel it in his throat, his knuckles were white from holding on to his bike too tight and basically, he was not able to think properly.

The sad part was that he was almost used to this feeling by now, being terrified and on edge as he raced to Peter on his bike. It was not something he particularly wanted to turn into a habit but their lives seemed to take this turn pretty often. Colin just had to suck it up and hoped that his ancient bike would not crumble into little pieces and turn to dust as he tried its limits.

His father was a criminal. Sure, Colin had known that the man was not an exact citizen but being a straight up villain? That was hard for him to  just stomach because no one wanted to face the fact that their father was capable of... things that he didn't even want to consider. But it made sense in its on way too, it explained the absence, the constant moving around and his father's inability to become a Captain atthe station. At that moment though, his disappointment in his father was not the primer thing in mind. The fact that Peter was in danger because of his father made his heart ache with each beat and the betrayal was sidelined.

He ran from his bike until he reached Peter's doorstep, knocking and ringing the bell in a way that would scare anyone but he didn't care. He would lie to Aunt May about an important project for school or something, he could-

"Colin? Hi! What a nice surprise," Aunt May said with a bright smile on, she was too sweet sometimes. It was hard to believe her kindness. "Are you okay?"

She was also smart, which was a problem on its own. "Yeah, its about a school work, I have to talk to Peter. Right now."

"Sure, come in. We have a guest though, you won't believe-"

Politeness was out the window while Colin kicked his shoes off and stormed inside without listening to May properly. He was out of breath as he stepped inside the living room and he saw one of the few people that could render him speechless.

"Tony Stark," Colin stated, staring at the man who was clearly Tony Stark in the flesh, with his expensive looking suit and elegant looking glasses and his signature beard and-

"That'll be me," the man, Iron Man, Tony Stark, said. Turning to Peter on the couch, he added. "Who is your friend?"

"He is my... sidekick?"

"What?"

"What?!"

Tony Stark and Colin said at the same time. He could jinx Tony Stark, this was the best day of life. (Okay, technically...)