Philautia

A/N: How do people even write kissing scenes.

The next several weeks passed in a blur of kisses and secret glances. Never before had Alexander felt this way, no crush or fling had made his hands this sweaty, that every second they spent together caused his heartbeat go absolutely insane. He felt like a kid but the childlike giddiness that came with loving John was worth it. They kept their relationship between the two of them for the moment, they would tell people eventually but for now, they would simply enjoy their new relationship. Nobody else was needed to do that. All the tension there had been between the two males was now gone, and all the kisses Alexander had to restrain himself from giving were now more than welcome.

He waited for the Omega in the back of the school as they had established during the last weeks. On his hand, he held a little blanket with his scent, it was kind of an orthodox practice but Alexander found it romantic, to be gifted an article containing your significant other's scent. John would probably roll his eyes at it and playfully mock it but Alexander was well aware John was a cheesy romantic on the inside.

From the corner of his eye, Alexander sees a curly haired figure walking toward him. He pretends to not see him until John slaps him in the arm.

"Hey, wolfie,"

"John," He acknowledges him, giving him the small blanket. "My Dearest and most sincere love,"

He snorts, but Alexander can see the endearment in his eyes. "Are you courting me, Hamilton?"

"It is only appropriate for my King,"

"Just let that joke go,"

He kisses John on the jaw quickly. "Never. Shall we go now?"

John links their arms together. "Where are we headed, peasant?"

"The fuck do I know,"

They end up wandering to the most abandoned part of a nervy park, where trees are not cared for and the vegetation run free, without someone cutting off it's leaves after every certain period of time passes. As they walk on the slightly unruly terrain John identifies different types of plants ("That's an American Hornbean, and that one is a Bloodrut, and that one— shit, we should probably get away from that one") and Alexander simply listens to him. When your boyfriend is John Laurens shutting up for a bit isn't as frustrating as it would otherwise be.

Eventually they climbed a large tree with not many leaves and settled on a thick lookin branch. Hopefully, they wouldn't die today.

"This is nice," Alexander said, leaning his head on John's shoulder. "You know, the silence and just being away from people in general. And the nature, you're so smart by the way has anyone told you that? But I like this,"

"It is," John agreed, burying his nose on his boyfriend's hair. "I've always hated the noise of the city, can't say I don't miss my childhood home sometimes,"

"I've always hated silence, but sharing it with you isn't that bad,"

"Alexander,"

"Yeah?"

"You're a goddamn sap,"

"For you? Gladly,

——~*~——

"What have you been up to? It's like we barely see you anymore," Peggy told him one day on their way home.

"It's... complicated? I'll tell you eventually. To all of you guys, just give me some time and I won't be weird anymore. Really. Just give me some time,"