1

DESTA 

Achilles is supposed to be some hero from a myth somewhere. According to myths, his mother, who was immortal, was concerned about her baby son's mortality. She did everything she could to make him immortal. She dunked him into the River Styx, whose waters could make him immortal like her. However, she gripped him tightly by the foot as she dipped him into the river–so tightly that the water never touched his heel. As a result, Achilles was invulnerable everywhere but there.

Guess how he died?

Yeah—-you got it right. A motherfucker came around and fucked him up right in the heel. Now that was beef. Pops told me that story growing up. He said everyone had a weak spot. You just had to exploit it.

My story starts like this...

I'm in Paris. There are a hundreds of people in the crowd. It's a sold out show. The spotlight shines on me. I'm dressed in all black tights. The crowd applauds when they see my face but then they get silent when I raise my chest. All of them are holding their breath to see what I'm about to do.

Kanye West's Wolves begin to play in the background.

Cry, I'm not sorry

Cry, who needs sorry when there's Hennessy?

Don't fool yourself

Your eyes don't lie, you're much too good to be true

I start with my feet parallel facing front with my arms to my side and my gaze down at the ground. I curl my spine over slowly, careful not to collapse my waist. When I am halfway down to the ground I continue to curl...one vertebrae at a time, and suddenly grow back upward. I die and I am reborn to the sound of Vic Mensa on the heavily Auto-tuned bridge.

Don't fire fight

Yeah I feel you burning, everything's burning

Don't fly too high

Your wings might melt, you're much too good to be true

I'm just bad for you

I'm just bad, bad, bad for you

Don't fly to high, he sings. It sticks with me. Your wings might melt. It's a warning. When you are flying on Icarus wings you need to make sure not to fly too close to the sun. I do a chase step at that moment. I climb up to the nearest bench, kick off and do a big leap in which my front leg is shooting straight out to the front and my back leg is straight out in the back. I'm soaring high into the air. My feet are fully pointed and my legs are fully extended when I'm in that position.

I was lost and beat up

Turned out, burned up

You found me, through a heartache

Didn't know me, you were drawn in

I was lost and beat up

I was warm flesh, unseasoned

You found me, in your gaze

I found you, oh Jesus

I was too wild, I was too wild

I slide my leg forward with a pointed toe, then brush through the first position and follow through backwards, slightly bending the knee. Then I begin to spin...spin...spin.. and spin. I spin until I'm dizzy and I feel so wild.

So wild that I collapse.

And when I look up there is this man standing there looking down at me.