Chapter Six

A very short time later we were on the roof of another building waiting for the deviant to show up. It eventually did. "Hold it right there." My height now proves to be my downfall as the deviant easily pushed me off the side of the building. Hank seemed to think about going after the deviant or not when Connor showed up.

"Go after the deviant lieutenant, I've got her." Connor gave Hank a gentle push in the direction of the deviant. My grip was weakening and as Connor bent down to grab a hold of my arm my fingers slipped from the edge.

I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the hard cement ground but it never came. Instead I felt arms wrap under my knees and around my back. Slowly I open my eyes only to meet ocean blue eyes with specs of forest green. Light ginger hair fell over his face. Without realizing it I was checking him out.

"So I know I kind of caught you mid fall and all but could you maybe possibly stop checking me out." Slowly he put me down and I tilted my head towards him in thanks.

"Y/N ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" It was Connor, he was leaning over the edge of the building. I genuinely thought he was going to fall. The look on his face though was one of complete concern. It was cute to be honest.

"I'm fine Connor go help Hank I'll meet up with you guys at the car." Connor didn't seem to believe me but crawled back over the edge of the roof. Turning back around I thanked the person again for catching me. " I know a probably wouldn't have died but thank you so much for catching me if you hadn't I probably would have a broken leg or something and that would just get in the way of my job." He nodded and started to walk past me when he tripped and fell.

"Son of a b-"

"Biscuit, you were going to say biscuit."

"Sure sweet cheeks I was gonna say biscuit. Anyway what's your name"

I thought about giving him a fake name,but seeing as how this guy was more than likely from the streets he'd know I was lying. " My name is y/n l/n and what is your name?"

"How nice to know you're curios about me. The name is-" That's when we heard a loud metal crash and a very angry sounding Hank from somewhere.

Guys I know this chapter is soooooooooo much shorter than all the previous ones but I felt like you guys needed an update and I've had this mostly written for some time. OH AND WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE HIS NAME TO BE. My friends and I were thinking something like James or Theo