3

"Tony Stark - Found in Afgan"

"Mommy...! Mommy, come see the TV!" Peter called, his eyes glued on the news report coming from the flatscreen.

"Peter, please don't yell in the house," The weary woman said as she walked into the living room with her son.

"But it's daddy!"

The tired expression of Mary changed instantly as she looked at the TV and saw a picture of Tony and the headline of him being found. Tears filled her eyes as she sat next to her son and pulled him closer to her.

"He's alive! Daddy's alive!" Peter couldn't stop his own tears from forming as he listened to the reporter inform the public that Tony Stark had been found alive and was being transported back to New York that very day.

The young boy blinked as a thought occurred to him, looking up at his mother, "Why didn't anyone tell us about this? Miss Pepper is really nice, so why didn't she tell us he was coming home?"

"I'm sure it's not her fault, sweetie. She must have a lot going on now and didn't have the time..." Mary patted his shoulder, but he shook his head and got off the sofa.

"How will we know where to meet him though? What airport is he coming to? What time will he be there? Will it be alright if I hug him? Does he even remember us? What if they did something really bad over there and he doesn't remember us?"

"Peter-"

"No! I don't wanna lose daddy again!"

Peter ran off to his room, his door slamming shut behind him. Mary sighed as she looked up at the TV again, watching her husband's picture. Peter just needed a little time to himself... he wouldn't accept her comfort at this time; this was something only Tony would be able to cure for Peter. But in his absence, a little quiet time for himself would do the trick.

"I don't think you're being very fair to your mother, Peter." Jarvis scolded lightly as Peter curled in on himself in the bed.

"I don't care..."

"Are you sure? Your mother is sad now."

Peter sat up immediately and looked towards the wall, "No! She can't be sad! I didn't want her to be sad!"

"She misses Mr. Stark as much as you do, and she is worried about him too. Running off like that isn't fair to her and her feelings."

Peter frowned, grabbing his pillow and hugging it close to him. "But... Why didn't anyone tell me about daddy?"

"Miss Potts didn't know until only recently and had to leave right after to pick him up. If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Stark is going to arrive here in ten minutes."

Peter's eyes widened as he jumped out of bed, "Really?"

"He is en route now."

Peter tossed the pillow back on the bed and ran out of the room, heading right for the stairwell. It would take a little less than ten minutes to reach the lobby if he ran down them from the floor they were on now.

Eight floors down, Peter was regretting his decision to run down the stairs. But he stuck to it for the hundred-something floors below him. Not his smartest move...