Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The  exclusive room, equipped with leather sofas, ornate decor, and a private bar was the perfect place to meet a client. An old fashioned cocktail rolled down my throat when footsteps sounded in the hall outside; Ayumi’s heels were unmistakable. She appeared in the doorway, smiling.

“Romeo.”

I beamed at her.

“Care for a drink?”

“Whatever you’re having.”

She looked flustered. I knew the expression well from my past. Now clients paid me to take it away.

“Thank you,” she said as I handed her a cocktail.

I sat down beside her, removed her shoes, and took her right foot in my hands. I began to massage it. She rolled her head back, and closed her eyes.

“Feeling better?”

She set her eyes on me, and said, “Yes.”

“I missed you.”

She kissed me on the lips. “Why could I not marry a man like you?”

Barely an hour had passed when Ayumi and I left. I figured she wanted me in her bed while she still had the strength to enjoy her money’s worth.

“I want company tonight,” Ayumi said from the passenger seat as I pulled away from the curb in her black SUV.

“I’m not enough for you?” I teased knowing this wasn’t about me, but rather an insatiate desire. Vice, lust, passion, name it what you like. “Who else?”

Ayumi looked out of her side of the truck, “Anyone.”

I knew where to go, Kabukicho. Driving down the side roads, it wasn’t long before I saw a girl hanging out. I pulled up, and dropped the window. She walked over. Her black stockings revealed bare thigh beneath a diaphanous dress.

“You like?” She said.

I glanced across at Ayumi, who still looked out of her side window. She nodded.

I watched the girl get in the back – her fingers clutched her cheap purse. She looked around, and lowered her head. My heart rate picked up at the remembrance of my first night selling my body for money. I held the steering wheel tighter than usual, and said, “How old are you?”

“21.”

I frowned at her in the rearview mirror. “Don’t lie.”

She hesitated, “17.”

“How much do you want?”

“I don’t know. How much you got?”

“You haven’t been doing this long have you?”

“A few weeks.”

I felt a churning in my gut, and a sudden loathing for the world washed over me.

“What’s your name?”

“Lily.”

“How’d you end up here?”

She moved in her seat. Ayumi meanwhile, was starting to take interest.

“I came for a modeling job, you know. Turns out this was the job.”

She lowered her eyes. I thought it was a waste because I could definitely see her splashed across billboards. Lily was as beautiful as her name.

“What are you doing?”