22. No one was forced to play along, only those who wanted.

Across the other side of the loft, Suga was lying down on his bed with his hands behind his head, eyes staring at the ceiling, while a memory from waaaay back ago was playing in his head like a movie.

"Any news?"

Nanami's eyes were focused on some contracts on her desk, smoke was lingering in the room from a forgotten cigarette on the ashtray. Heavy rain was crushing on the windows, making the day dark as night and filling the room with the echo.

Suga was standing in front of her desk with his hands in his pockets, his ash blonde hair soaking wet, and his leather jacket dripping on the white tiles.

"A few guys followed her..." He gave his report to the woman.

"How many?" She said without taking her eyes from the contracts, moving a pen along the line she was reading.

"Four. They knew her route from work to home and waited in a dark alley behind Gamla Stan."

"And the result?" She asked while signing at the right bottom of a contract, the pen making a scratching sound on the paper.

"A few broken ribs, internal bleeding, sprains, and multiple bruises. Didn't make it through the night..."

He continued with the same tone, as now Nanami immediately left the pen down and raised her eyes to him. 

"Not hers." He smirked, and the woman smiled proudly.

"Is that all?" She reached for the pen again and turned a page to read the next contract.

"I wanted to ask... For how long will this keep going." He said reluctantly, burying his hands deeper in his pockets.

"None of your business."

She replied, taking a puff from the forgotten cigarette. Then she left down both pen and cigarette and took a long sigh with her fingers on her temples, closing her eyes.

"Go on. Tell me what's on your mind." She slowly opened her eyes to meet with Suga's, with a commanding stare, even though she actually cared about his thoughts.

"It's not fair for her."

He narrowed his eyes on the floor with respect, with combat inside him that he might say too much, but also wanting to express his opinion. "She thinks she chose to be this way, yet she has been manipulated into it. "

"Training is for her own good, and for everyone else's here sake. She will have to be strong and tough to face this world when the time comes. Not everyone hates their heritage, the way you do, Suga. And after all, if she doesn't like it, no one is forcing her into it... Even though I doubt that she doesn't enjoy it." A smirk was formed on Nanami's face.

Suga was standing still, his eyes still on the floor, while forcefully biting his inner cheek. 

Nanami then stood and crossed her arms in front of her.

"Why do you care anyway?"

She looked at him with a playful smirk, indicating that his interest might have gotten out of hand.

"It's just a job for you, Suga."

She leaned to half-sit on her desk, lighting a new cigarette.

"And by the way..." She narrowed her eyes while taking a long drag from the cigarette, "you also are not forced to be here. You can go back anytime you want."

Then she sat back on her desk to continue what she was doing as Suga opened the door to leave. 

His report was over.