1: the accident that started it all

jackson really hated jaebum, he really fucking hated him. if you asked him, he wouldn't be able to give you a real reason why, but he hated him anyway. it might be because jaebum is literally an example of somebody with a pitch black heart, according to jackson. or, it could be because jaebum refused to go a day without starting an argument with jackson. there are a multitude of reasons for jackson to merely dislike him, but no. jackson hates him with all of his heart.

his friends can't even say the words: "jaebum-hyung" without jacksons mood flipping drastically or without him storming out of the room unconsoled, simply because his friends think he's ridiculous. they all get along with jaebum, why can't jackson?

how did this start, you ask? well, obviously jaebum started it. he just had to be distracted by stupid girls on the first day of school, resulting in him tripping jackson up.

"watch where you're going, kid," jackson looked up at the boy standing over him, an angry look already crossing his features. he huffed, pushing himself off the ground. "what? you're angry because you're too blind to see where you're walking? get over yourself." jaebum scoffed when he saw jacksons chest rising and falling rapidly.

"it's not me who should be watching where i'm going, asshole." jackson spat out, grabbing his bag from the floor. his face turned an angry red as jaebum just laughed, the girls behind him tittering mockingly.

"oh, really? what makes you think that, brat?"

"the fact that you're so distracted by them that you can't even look forward and pay attention to others around you!" jaebum laughed again, shaking his head. he was already bored of this petty argument and it showed. "yeah, well maybe if you weren't so arrogant i wouldn't be having this argument with me." jackson huffed, stepping forward.

"whatever, pick up your sippy cup and leave me alone, kid." jackson clenched his teeth and turned, walking away. he heard jaebum chuckle once more in the background and decided in that moment that he disliked him.

half an hour later, he walked into his third class of the day and waited patiently as his teacher assigned seats. he had calmed down significantly by now, but not before ranting to his friends about the asshole he ran into two minutes ago.

he was directed to a seat near the back of the room and groaned to himself, he would barely be able to see the board from here. he planted himself in his seat and felt like kicking his desk over when he saw who sat two seats across from him.

"oh, hey, kid. you over your little temper tantrum?" the taller boy taunted and he seethed, clutching onto his pen so hard he thought he'd bruise his palm.

"leave me alone, asshole. you tripped me!" jaebum smirked and jackson just faced the front, trying not to show how annoyed he was, because that obviously meant he was losing. jackson wasn't losing.

jackson struggled through that lesson, arguing continuously with jaebum over the stupidest things. he could see the teacher was getting more and more annoyed with their arguments and he hated being a nuisance, but he couldn't help it. with every little remark jaebum made, he couldn't help but reply. by the end of the lesson, he knew he hadn't learned a thing and left the room quickly, feeling dejected and ten times as angry as he was at break. he spent his next lesson completely silent, trying to listen to his new teacher, but he could barely concentrate. there was just something about jaebum that he hated so much.

"it's probably because he's so attractive," jinyoung teased, he was also a friend of jaebums but refrained from telling jackson this, because he actually valued both his relationships with the boys. "i mean, those cheekbones. wow. and the eyebrows?" he fanned himself over dramatically as jackson pouted angrily, punching his shoulder a little bit too hard. jackson knew he was right, he was really attractive, but it wasn't his face that made him want to sock him in the jaw. it was his attitude.

all he had to do that morning, was apologise for tripping jackson. then, just never fucking talk to him again. jackson wished that had happened.