3: jinyoung

jinyoung usually never got into anything with the description: argument. he stayed away fro them at all costs, he hated trouble, preferring to just stay in his own little bubble. that's also why he refused to get into the jackson-jaebum dispute. he really didn't understand why they didn't like each-other, but chose to never ask either of them.

he knew jackson was a sweet boy, the sweetest. he would do anything for his friends, always choosing them over him. he was easy to laugh with and easy to make laugh, making him fun. he also knew he was sensitive and he could see that this fight between he and jaebum was really tiring him out. he always came out of third lesson fuming, which drained his energy completely for the rest of the day.

he also knew jaebum was one of the best friends he had ever made, and not once did he ever regret meeting him. sure, he could be a little rude and standoffish, but he was also the nicest person who had the biggest heart. he hated arguing with his friends, much like jinyoung. he would usually go out of his way to avoid an argument and jinyoung loved him like a brother.

this is why he never understood why they were contantly arguing, when it was against their nature. jackson was never an angry person, always keeping his cool and it frustrated jinyoung to see him to different just because of one person.

on the fateful day that jackson and jaebum argued over jinyoung, he lost it. it had started with jaebum simply coming up to jinyoung's locker in the morning to say hello and catch up and ended up with jaebum and jackson nose to nose. normally, jaebum stayed pretty calm, just teasing jackson until he had had enough, but today involved his best friend. their best friend.

"you know i hate you, jaebum! why would you come over when i'm right here?" jackson muttered, his eyebrows bunched together.

"that's jaebum-hyung to you, brat. have some respect. why are you making this about yourself again? always need to have the spotlight on you, huh?" jaebum growled and jackson resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"why would i ever respect you? i'm simply asking why you feel the need to come over when i'm here. you know it would start an argument."

"because i'm here for my friend, not you! i'm here to see jinyoung, maybe you could respect that? if you didn't jump at my throat every chance you had, maybe we wouldn't argue so much." jaebum placed a finger in the centre of jacksons chest and watched as his eyes changed. jackson fumed, grabbing jaebum's jacket forcefully. they had never gotten physical before and jinyoung simply watched in shock, because they were arguing over him for literally no reason.

"yeah, well i'm here for my friend too. you have your time with him when i'm not here. i'd rather have my experience with him untainted. we only argue because you love provoking me, don't act innocent, you-"

"okay, enough!" a hand was place on jackson's chest, and another on jaebum's chest. jinyoung pushed them apart, easily separating them. "this is ridiculous, i told you to stop this already. why can't you both just leave each other alone? both of you hate arguing, and yet here you are, every single day, at each other's necks. i'm sick of it." jaebum instantly looked guilty and jackson just looked away, knowing he couldn't stay calm if jaebum was in his line of sight.

"sorry, hyung. i didn't mean to involve you." jackson whispered and jinyoung scoffed.

"well, i'm involved now, when you both knew i didn't want anything to do with it. does it really have to be a challenge for me to have both of you as friends? if you two are going to continue arguing like this, i don't want to be around it."

jackson and jaebum walked away from that moment, feeling heartbroken. they'd both potentially lost a friend because they couldn't stop arguing and it definitely hurt. neither of them even acknowledged each-other for weeks after that morning, but they could feel the tension building.

jackson spent nights crying, he didn't understand why he couldn't let it go. something about jaebum made it impossible to be friends with him but jinyoung wasn't really talking to him that much anymore and he knew it was his fault. he couldn't even handle thoughts of jaebum anymore without feeling overwhelming guilt. jackson wasn't that stupid, he could see how jaebum was actually a nice person, and showed it through more ways than arguing over jinyoung. he just didn't know why he cared so much about that stupid argument that jaebum could get him so angry.

most nights, he really wished he took a different route to that cafeteria that morning.