6: words mean nothing

jaebum turned around at the sound of a trembling gasp and his stomach dropped. he never wanted this. jackson was stood in the kitchen doorway, watching jaebum walk towards his front door. his face was red and jaebum caught the un-shed tears in his eyes.

jaebum wasn't one to be dramatic, but he immediately dropped his bag and hurried towards jackson. jackson had already closed his eyes and hung his head and jaebum bit his cheek as he reached out and grabbed jackson by the back of his neck. he pulled jackson against himself and wrapped his arm around jackson's waist as his knees nearly buckled.

"hey, hey," jackson clutched onto jaebum's t-shirt, sniffing loudly and jaebum could feel his heart break. "hey, it's okay. don't cry, please, don't cry, jackson!" jackson let out a pathetic sob, pulling away from jaebum, just to be pulled back in by his shirt. his forehead laid across jaebum's collarbone and a tear slipped from his chin onto jaebums chest, disappearing underneath jaebum's t-shirt.

"i don't want to," he said softly under his hiccups and jaebum sighed, reaching up to play with the hair at the back of jackson's head. he knew jackson must feel self-conscious right now, so he didn't try to get his attention. "i hate arguing with you, but i get so angry when you- when you..." jaebum hummed softly, waiting patiently for jackson to continue through his hiccuping. he could feel that jackson desperately needed to say these thoughts aloud.

"when you don't care. it hurts and i don't know why because i always knew you hated me so it shouldn't be any different than before and-" jaebum interrupted jackson's rant, pulling his head back gently with one hand on his cheek. he looked jackson in his eyes, placing a hand on his cheek.

"i don't hate you? i didn't know it hurt you when we argued, jackson." jackson frowned.

"you don't? but, you were such an asshole." jaebum chuckled, rubbing his thumb against the nape of jackson's neck. he leaned forward, pressing a kiss to the corner of jackson's eyebrow. it was soft and jackson hummed softly, so jaebum pressed another under his left eye.

"i thought it was just something we did. i really care about you but you were always angry at me so i just teased you because i thought it was playful. i didn't mean to do something that would genuinely upset you. i really wish i told you this when we argued over jinyoung, i nearly did. god, jackson, i-" jackson waited as jaebum stumbled over his words, letting out a sigh. jaebum's hand dropped from jackson's cheek and he nearly took a step back, but jackson looking up at him with big, innocent eyes made him hesitate, taking a haggard breath. "i nearly kissed you that day, you were so close. i was so angry that you were angry because it was my fault for starting the whole thing and i just wanted to stop it."

"jaebum-hyung?" jackson's breath was warm against jaebum's chin and jaebum just tilted his head, biting back a smile when jackson let go of his shirt with one hand to grab jaebum's hand. "can i kiss you now? i just- i only now understand what i'm feeling and i wish you kissed me." jaebum broke into a blinding smile that made jackson's eyes widen, as jaebum stared at him in adoration. he didn't know how they got here so quickly, even after such a long time and jackson was still confused but he did want to kiss jaebum. he really couldn't hold himself back as he watched jaebum just being beautiful with no effort. jaebum laughed, pulling jackson's forehead into his.

"oh, jackson..."

"is that a yes?" jaebum pulled jackson in by his neck, connecting their lips. it was only a kiss, nothing escalated, but jackson was already melting into jaebum. he'd really missed out on this all these months? jaebum placed his thumb and forefinger on jackson's chin, pulling his face closer until jackson felt like his lips were being bruised. he let out a sigh, grinning into jaebum's mouth. jaebum pulled away, leaving soft, slow kisses from jackson's mouth to his cheek. he stopped there, leaving his lips on jackson skin and just breathing him in.

jackson hadn't felt this happy since... ever. he felt so comfortable with somebody he'd directed so much anger towards, but it had all dissipated and he couldn't stop smiling. he couldn't wait to tell jinyoung, but he figured he should figure out what this was first.

"w-what does this mean, jackson-ssi?" jaebum beat him to it but jackson's smile didn't falter. he pulled jaebum in for a short, sweet kiss before sweeping his fingers through jaebum's soft hair. jackson's cheeks felt stiff with dried tears but he felt clean, like he'd just showered in jaebum's purity.  he couldn't stop staring at jaebum's face, his skin. his eyebrows, his cheekbones. the way he smiled at jackson earlier was replaying in his head and it sent a tingle through his stomach.

"well, i'm hoping it means we're not going to argue anymore." jaebum nodded, smiling and hiding his face in jackson's neck.

"does it mean i can do this more often?" his voice was muffled and jackson fought the urge to let out a whine at the heat produced by jaebum's mouth.

"i think it means you can do it all the time," he stuttered and jaebum smiled even bigger, wrapping his arms tightly around jackson's waist. "is it too early to ask if we can say we're..."

"it'd make me happy if we did, really happy." jaebum chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around jackson's waist and squeezing him, before pressing a kiss underneath jackson's ear.

"i'll do anything to keep you happy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

credit to @SUNNYJAEJAE for the new cover :)) make sure you follow her and read her stories!