Best Friends at First

It's morning. I'm in the kitchen making breakfast for my father and little sister, Sakura. I'm also in charge of lunch. It was supposed to be father's, but he has a huge presentation today. That usually happens. Well, I prepare all of our lunch and breakfast. Father comes into the kitchen to pick up his lunch.

 Father comes into the kitchen to pick up his lunch

Father

"Touya, Sakura is going to the festival with Tomoyo-Chan later tonight. So she will be in charge of dinner." He says. I nod my head, and continue to cut up scallions. Father puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn and look at him. "Are you sure you don't need any help?" He gives a sweet smile. I like when he asks for help. But I don't really need it.

"I'm fine.. father, go ahead and eat breakfast..I don't want you to be late." I say. Father chuckles a little, and gets the dish of food that I had prepared him.

"You work so hard, Touya. There must be something I can do to return the favor." Father says. He sits down at the Little table in our kitchen. "I know. Why don't you take some of my pastries to Yuki. I know you like preparing food for him too." I glance at father slightly. I then nod, and continue to cook. Yuki is my best friend. He is in my class in our high school. Yuki likes food. A lot. So sometimes I bring him food that we make. Well, I continue cooking. After a few minutes, my little sister Sakura comes down the stairs. I can hear her loud footsteps from downstairs.

"Morning!" She says with a happy grin.

"Ah

"Ah..so the monster is up.." I say. I call her a monster sometimes, because her footsteps are powerful enough to shake the ground. But she doesn't like it when I call her that. All of a sudden... "..gh?!-" I go. Sakura stomped on my foot.

"I'm NOT a monster!" She says. She gets off my foot, and I let out a sigh.

"Heheh. You two." Father says with a little chuckle. Father finishes his breakfast, and prepares to leave for work. I give him his lunch, and he gets his briefcase. "Goodbye you two. Have a good day. Sakura, you're in charge of dinner. And you have to pick up the groceries before you get home." Sakura nods, and father goes to leave. It's just Sakura and I now.

"Oni-Chan, are you going to the festival with Yukito-San?" Sakura asks me. I'm cutting some fruit for Sakura's lunch. I make a small noise, and a small face of pain. "Huh? Touya, what's wrong?"

"..my hand slipped.." I say. My hand slipped, and the knife got my thumb a little. It's not too serious however. I put the knife down, and grab a napkin, and I stop the bleeding. It wasn't bleeding that much.

"..Touya, I can finish cutting." Sakura says. She picks up the knife, and cuts the rest of the fruit. Sakura and I then eat breakfast.

"..Sakura, you have baton rehearsal after school, right?.." I ask. Sakura nods her head.

"Are you rehearsing for your play?" Sakura asks me. I nod. My class is doing a play. Yuki and I are in it. Sakura and I finish breakfast, and she gets ready to leave for school. I get the little pastries for Yuki, and I wrap them up in a little bag and put them with my lunch. I get my schoolwork and my lunch, and I head outside.

"Sakura-Chan!" I call out to her. Sakura comes out of the house in her rollerblades. She has her belongings, and I have mine, so, we head to our schools. She rolls with me until she gets to her school. I ride my bike to school. I always meet with Yuki on the way.

"Touya-Kun!" I hear. It's Yuki. I wave to him. He rides his bike towards us and joins us. "Hello, Sakura-Chan." Yuki smiles sweetly. Sakura looks back at him dreamily. We are almost at Sakura's school. She head to school.

 She head to school

Touya

Yukito

Yukito

"Bye Yuki-San!" She says. We wave to her, and we keep on going.

"Touya, is Sakura-Chan going to the festival with Tomoyo tonight?" Yuki asks me.

"Yes. Sakura wanted to know if you and I were going." I say. Yuki gives his signature sweet chuckle.

"Maybe we should go then." He says. He gives a sweet smile. I shrug.

"Perhaps we can." I say. "..father made sweets for you. I brought them with me to give to you."

"Heheh. Thank you, Touya. Your family makes the best sweets." Yuki says. The two of us ride and talk. When we got to school, I gave Yuki the sweets. He opens the little bag, and eats them. He eats them pretty fast. He always has a big appetite. He's always eating, but never gains any weight or anything. And he never really gets full. Well, after Yuki finishes his sweets, we walk into the building and headed to class. I enjoy hanging out with Yuki. He definitely is someone I can count on when I need him.