Always There

It is now class time. Yuki and I made our way to our classroom and sat down. Yuki and I discussed our evening plans after school.

"So! Are you planning on going to the festival tonight Touya?" Yuki gave me a sweet smile.

"I was just planning on staying home after our play rehearsal.. but I suppose I could go. Will you be going?"

"I wasn't sure if I would go tonight. I don't have any plans tonight. Maybe I should go too!"

"You can come with me if you'd like to."

"Really? You don't mind if I tag along?"

"It would be more interesting if I wasn't by myself." Yuki laughed a little. "You can ride with me back to my house and we can leave after we eat dinner."

"Alright! This will be a fun night Touya!" Yuki and I talked some more before our sensei came into the class.

"Alright class. We will be continuing our lesson on anatomy of the body and nursing techniques. Take out your work packets and open them to section 3." We all take out paper work packets and open them to a specific page. "Today's lesson will be on the anatomy of the cardiovascular and respiratory system, and a few nursing techniques used by doctors and other professionals to study and monitor them. For this lesson, you will need to work together in groups of two, so you will be working with the student sitting beside you." Yuki and I sit together at the same desk section, so we are working together for this lesson. I look at Yuki and he smiles at me again.

"I'm quite excited for this lesson. I've always found body systems fascinating. Especially the cardiovascular system and digestive system. Probably because all I can think about is eating heheh."

"That is true. You are always hungry Yuki." Our sensei then comes around with a big cardboard box, and hands out these black leather cases. She puts one down in front of Yuki and I and moves on to the next section.

"Now, what I have just handed out to all of you are the instruments we will use for today's lesson. If you open your cases you will find three things: a pulse oximeter, a blood pressure cuff, also known as a sphygmomanometer, and a stethoscope. This lesson is one of the more longer lessons of this unit, so we will be doing half of the lesson before your lunch break and the other half after, in order for you to get the full potential out of this lesson. Take a moment to open your case and look at what you're working with." Yuki opened the case in front of us and we looked at the contents of the case.

"This is exciting! I've never handled this kind of equipment before." Yuki seemed really fascinated. I like when he gets excited like this. I made a small smile to myself.

"Me neither. I'm looking forward to seeing how it actually works." Yuki nodded.

"For the first half of the day I will be going over the different parts of each system and what they do. Then after your lunch break we will be going over the equipment in front of you and how to use them." Yuki closed the case. "Now that you know what you're working with, let's begin the lesson." Yuki and I sat and listened to our sensei teach the lesson.

Lunch break...

It is now time for our lunch break, and Yuki and I headed to the courtyard to eat our food. Yuki and I always eat at the same spot in the courtyard by the water fountain. It's usually the sunniest spot in the courtyard, and Yuki likes being in the sun so we always sit there.

"Touya, what is the festival tonight about anyway? Does it have a theme or anything?"

"I believe it is the annual Desserts, Sweets, and Bakery festival." Yuki's eyes light up and he gets a big smile.

"This will definitely be a great festival heheh!" I stifled a laugh or two.

"I'm sure it will be. Just don't eat everything at the festival tonight." Yuki chuckled some more.

"I won't make any promises Touya!" Yuki and I talk about the festival some more. Soon after, a group of three girls walk towards us. They are girls from our class. These girls are almost always trying to talk to me and trying to get me to do things with them. But none of it interests me.

"Hi Touya!" One girl with brown hair sits beside me. One with black hair sits next to Yuki.

"Hey Touyaaa!" The second girl with black hair stands behind me. Yuki greets them all with a sweet grin.

"Can we help you?" They all giggled.

"We were just walking around and we noticed you were sitting over here! And I wanted to ask if you wanted to be in my group for the class lesson after lunch!" The brown haired girl put her hand on my shoulder. "I don't have anyone sitting with me today!"

"Yeah, I don't either! Touya you can work with me today if you'd like!" The first black haired girl giggled some more. Why do they all want to work with me on this lesson? I do realize that many of the girls in my class find me attractive. But I don't see why they all want to work with me today.

"I can ask Yua-Chan if she can move her seat today so you can work with me if you'd like to Touya. I'm sure she won't mind!" The second black haired girl started to play with my hair. I looked at Yuki and he just chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"I appreciate the offers.. But I am already sitting beside Yuki. And I would like to keep it that way."

"Aw okay, we understand! Maybe next time!" The brown haired girl nods her head.

"May I ask, why do you all want to work with me on this lesson? Is there a reason?"

"No reason! We just thought it would be fun to do with you." The second black haired girl now stood beside the brown haired girl.

"Well, I guess we'll be on our way then. See you later Touya!" The brown haired girl waved at me and the three of them walk away. Yuki and I continued to eat our lunch and talk.

"You sure are popular Touya." Yuki eats some sweets that he has packed.

"Yeah.. Girls are starting to come up to me a lot more frequently now."

"They must have crushes on you heheh."

"Most likely.." I can tell for sure some of the girls in our class have a crush on me. They always try to hang out with me and talk to me whenever they get a chance.

"Do you think one of them will ask you out on a date?"

"I don't doubt it. I'm sure all of them will try to date me at some point." I shook my head and ate some rice. Yuki laughed some more.

"Do you like any of the girls back?" I have considered possible asking someone on a date. But, none of the girls in class. I have feelings for someone else. But I hesitate to tell them my feelings or admit to Yuki who it is that I like, because I'm unsure how the other person would react and how they would feel about me. I think I should give it time before I decide to say anything about who I admire. But when the time comes, I know I can talk to Yuki about it. He's always there for me when I need to talk about these kinds of things, as well as anything else I need help with. And I will be there for him in just the same way.