Mitra

Just a friend? Just a friend. Just a friend!! God, Kongpob just hated that phrase. But only when it comes out of Arthit's mouth.

Seriously, they have been dancing around each other for ages. Agreed, Arthit is pretty dense for a person. But Kongpob had been pretty blatant with his affections. But judging by the way Arthit was behaving, he might just as well put up a neon sign.

But he still doubts if it will be effective.

Kongpob had been trying his best to court him. Flirting with him, teasing him and asking him out on dates.

What more needs to be done? So that he will get through Arthit.

Talking about Arthit, here he spotted Arthit sitting in the canteen accompanied by all his friends.

Kongpob approached them. And Arthit, like always, after glancing at Kongpob, refused to meet his eyes. Then Bright said,

"Oye Arthit, your hubby is here".

"How many times must I tell you Bright, that he's just a friend!!", Arthit shot him down.

Ouch! That hurt, But Kongpob was equally adamant, he said, " do you want something to eat, Arthit?"

And Arthit like always, blushed a little, and replied tersely, " No, it's fine"

And then got up and left, leaving Kongpob just like that.

This was driving him nuts. His reaction and speech doesn't match at all. It will leave anyone confused. Sometimes he'll stutter, sometimes becomes speechless and sometimes he'll be cold and terse.

But Kongpob felt, somewhere in his heart, that Arthit liked him too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kongpob was returning early to his dorms. All his classes for the day were done.

Then he spotted Arthit, alone.

Smiling mischievously, Kongpob made his way towards him. Silently stood behind him, bent a little and whispered in his ears, "Arthit"

Arthit jerked a little, quickly covered his ears and stood up," Kongpob!!"

"Yes Arthit?"

"You!! Why are you coming near?", He panicked as Kongpob began closing their distance.

"Why Arthit? Do I make you uncomfortably?"

"N....no... it's just that....", Arthit averted his eyes.

"Just what?"

"Oye you lovers, break off", Bright interrupted.

"We are just friends!!", Arthit hissed.

There it comes. Kongpob deflated quickly.

"I'll take my leave then", Kongpob said and left quickly.

Seriously, Arthit had said it so many times, that Kongpob had started  believing it.

Maybe everything was just in his mind. Maybe he was just a friend to Arthit.  Maybe he was too aggressive in his approach. Maybe, he should just back off.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few days since he last met Arthit. And Arthit was never the one to approach him.

So Kongpob was suffering from a heartbreak. With each passing day, his doubts getting confirmed.

He sighed as he walked through the college gate. This was harder than he expected.