Chapter 2

"My head...what happened?" Clarke asked herself aloud as she opened her eyes with a wince.

'Oh...I remember...' She thought as she slowly sat up, ignoring how her body burned at the movement, telling her she should rest.

Clarke slowly stood up, griting her teeth because of the pain she was feeling. She slowly made her way towards a long mirror on the wall to her right, when she reached it she gasped before covering her mouth in horror. She had radiation burns all over her face and from what she felt, probably the rest of her body too.

"How the hell am I still alive? This has to be a dream" She whispered to herself as she quickly began taking off the hazmat suit. She winced as the suit rubbed against the burns on her body, she just had to hope that they would heal.

Now that Clarke had stripped herself from the hazmat suit and was in her normal clothes she started to inspect the extent of her injuries just to notice that from the neck down she didn't have any, which was weird considering how she felt like she had the burns everywhere.

Clarke just stood there, staring into space as she thought over all the events that had occurred since everyone found out about praimfaya.

She and Bellamy got together...She'd always loved him and she would continue to mentally kick herself for the rest of her life for not telling him that sooner- and maybe...She'd never see him again. No- she shouldn't think like that. They made it- they must have,right?

Clarke's eyes slowly drifted down to her stomach and her face scrunched up as she tried not to cry at the thought of her unborn baby...if she was even pregnant anymore-no thanks to her.

"I'm sorry" She whispered to herself as she put her hand on her stomach and made her way to one of the chairs that was next to the plain white table in the middle of the lab.

'So nightblood does work' she thought bitterly, 'I could of saved everyone...Bellamy wouldn't have had to go to space...I wouldn't have had to go out there while I was pregnant'

Clarke stayed silent as she hopped off the chair sluggishly, she walked over to a part of the lab that she and Raven had found full of clothes and other types of things that could be helpful.

She slowly opened the door to the storage type closet and walked in with a wince that was muffled because Clarke didn't open her mouth- refusing to let the pain rule her.

At her own thoughts of not letting the pain rule her she laughed a little- now she knew why everyone called her stubborn and hard headed.

She grabbed a blue V-neck top, black skinny jeans and a black bomber jacket- although she didn't change into the just yet. She grabbed some underwear, a towel and a bunch of soaps that Becca had preserved- along with many other things.

She walked out of the room and made her way towards the bathroom. She decided to have a nice hot shower to soothe her aching muscles and to clean the burns that she has.

____________

Clarke was once again sat on the chair at the edge of Becca's lab table, it had been a month since praimfaya and her wounds were mostly healing. It had been hard at first, finding something exciting and calling out for Bellamy or Raven or god even Murphy just to realise they weren't there...and they might not ever be again. It was getting easier though, it'd always be hard- she knew that but slowly the ache in her heart started to feel less and less.

At first she'd been lying around doing the bare minimum for her to survive as the stress of losing her family and unborn child hit her but a week or two back she'd stumbled upon an ultrasound machine, she didn't know much about them but in her training to be a doctor on the ark she'd seen her mother use them on pregnant women.

Knowing the basics allowed Clarke to find out she was in face still pregnant, as soon as the blonde heard her baby's heart beat she dropped the scanner and started balling with a smile on her face.

She wouldn't be alone forever.

Her baby is and will continue to be alive.

She would make sure of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long time no see :) sorry I've been gone so long, but now that I'm back I'll hopefully update regularly.

Thankfully I had half of this chapter already written out from when I first published this story, if I didn't have half done I don't think I could of got the chapter out today. I'm gonna go write the next chapter now so I can publish that soon aswell.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this story so far?

Much love! ♡♡♡