{2} Dadster?

If/when I make some sort of one shot book or fanfic involving Gaster, know that the headcanons here will pretty much be canon in those stories! Especially this chapter!!

I am a very not big fan of anything involving the headcanon that Gaster made Papyrus and Sans as an experiment and/or was an abusive unfit guardian!! Or Sans and him being unrelated and him just being Gaster's lab assistant.
In this house we support healthy dadster only kids.

I don't consider Gaster as being gay- I consider him bisexual. So I like the idea of him having a wife who died in the monster/human war. But guess who was born before that happened?
Sans and Papyrus :-)
Before Toriel left Asgore, I feel like she'd help watch the two of them often right after they went underground and from then until the CORE, Gaster watched them or found random babysitters here and there. Once he fell into the core, Sans was fairly grown, being 13/14. And Papyrus was still just 5.

Gaster couldn't be around much due to being a workaholic but when he was able to be with Sans and Papyrus, I imagine him being a wonderful dad.

Him and Sans relishing in terrible puns and dad jokes?
Yes.

Him taking extremely strong action if other kids were mean to Sans at school? Indeed.

Him bonding with Sans by teaching him about magic and science?
Absolutely.

When Gaster got out of the void Sans would lose his shit. He'd sob, freak out, and just be so overwhelmingly happy that it hurt. Papyrus was too young when Gaster fell into the core to really remember him once he got back. He'd be a bit confused and shy towards Gaster
but still happy.