Prologue

"No! He doesn't understand!" Dipper yelled slamming his hands down on the kitchen table, causing it to quake.

"I won't let a stupid doctor tell me what's real and what isn't!" Nobody met his eyes.

"C'mon Mabel! Tell them it isn't fair!" He looked desperately at his twin sister.

Mabel looked down at her black dress shoes, she was kicking them back and forth, subconsciously, a sure sign of stress.
"It could be fun...and Stanford can help you! You'll feel better in no time!" She tried to radiate reassurance and hope from her smile, usually it worked. But usually, Dipper wasn't this upset.

"Trust me." she mouthed when she saw their father assume a face that meant he was about to speak.

Bill says trust isn't given, it's earned. why does she deserve it? Mabel had made sure to tell everyone that I am sensitive and honestly it's patronizing.

"It'll be good for you to get out of the city! Go somewhere quiet and peaceful, clear your mind!" Said Mister Pines, putting his hand on his son's shoulder.

This was barely about their parents plan to ship them up to Oregon for summer but that was the last straw.

Schizophrenia probably isn't relieved by being isolated. Dipper almost said, but he hated the idea of using an illness for an excuse, then again, it was the most valid excuse he could possibly muster.

He glanced at Mabel, it was almost like a magical twin sense, well...not really, but he knew she understood him without having to speak.

"I don't think it's good for him to be out of the city, you know...it's good for Dip to...stay occupied." She protested reluctantly.

They were sending him to Gravity Falls so that he could receive help from Stanford Pines, His great uncle, A former reclusive scientist who overcame his schizophrenia in 1982.
He hadn't been in contact with the family in years however, and his name was riddled with many dark rumours and speculations.

"Stanford...I heard he was a recluse...a weird guy...scary to talk to some days, but different day to day..." Dipper said switching his anger with genuine concern, he stared into the middle distance, lost on his train of thought.

"That's what a heard at the family reunion...Did you notice he wasn't there?? Isn't that weird to you?!?" He looked up into the faces of his family but they exchanged a look that spoke for itself.

"I heard that..." Dipper stopped halfway through his sentence. He seemed to have been hit with a sudden realization. One that scared him.

"Oh...oh no...no..." the young boy shook his head violently, and stood up shakily but fast. Tears quickly welled up in his eyes and silently streamed down his face.
"What is it?" Asked his mother, a layer of noticeable concern in her tone.
He didn't answer, he just stared at nothing shaking his head vigorously and breathing heavily, he looked like he was about to collapse.

Mabel prayed that she could forget this scene, it truly terrified her, seeing her brother this vulnerable and scared. Maybe this kind of memory is best kept though, because it made her realize that she really would do anything to help him feel well again.

He scattered a few steps toward his bedroom door, and turned to look at His parents and sister.
"Goodnight." He uttered.

Mabel stood up, ready to run after him, hug him, tell him it's going to be fine but her mother grabbed her shoulder.

"Give him some space." She Pleaded.

Mabel nodded distractedly. She wanted so badly to help him but...he needed someone to vocally tell him what to do...someone who actually knew what this felt like.

Her parents had noticed Mabel wasn't returning to her happy-go-lucky attitude like usual. They turned on the TV but Mabel barely noticed.

What did Stanford do? Is Dipper afraid of him?

"I'm going to bed now." Mabel quietly said.

Her mother glanced at the clock.

"It's early."

Mabel nodded.
"I know."

"Okay." Mrs Pines agreed.
She hugged Mabel lovingly and let her go.

Mabel didn't go into her own room, she went into Dipper's. He was asleep, but obviously hadn't planned to be. He was still in day clothes, and had notebooks scattered carelessly about.

Mabel picked up a notebook that was open, face down on the bed. Eyes, flames encasing hands, and other eerie and simple sketches adorned to page, she quickly skimmed to see that every page was like this.

These drawings didn't help him, they just made him more distant, he always disappeared into his room to draw the same series of things. Mabel quietly grabbed the notebooks around him and shoved them far under his bed.

Maybe, if he couldn't find them, he'd have more time to just sit, and think, he'd realize living with his uncle in Gravity Falls could be fun! Hopefully.

"Please don't have nightmares tonight, Dip." She knew he would though, he always did.

A/N hey! Hope you like this story so far! I'm not sure if I'll be able to write it... because I might not be good at rewriting episodes lol. Please let me know if you want more! And if you have any ideas for an original plot line with this synopsis I would credit you! 💙💙💙 comments are super appreciated! God bless you all!