Two Psychic Duelists Meet

Akiza's pov

I was currently walking to Sayer's office. He said there was somebody he was wanting me to meet. I didn't know how to respond to that since most of the time he prefers me not to interact with others to any substantial degree.

When I opened the door, I saw him talking to a boy around my age who really didn't look amused. Sayer turned to me and smiled.

"Akiza, it's good to see you. This is YN LN. Like you he's a psychic duelist but he's a rare case" Sayer said which confused me.

"Rare case? What do you mean?"

"He has four different psychic abilities and is in complete control of all of them." Sayer said causing my eyes to widen.

"Telepathy, Telekinesis, Psychoscopy, and Pyrokinesis"

My eyes widened a bit because YN had told me that through telepathy. He has four psychic abilities that he's capable of controlling while I can't control any of mine.

"Well you and YN will be working together from here on, so I suggest you two get to know each other" Sayer said before walking out.

I looked back at YN. He didn't look like he wanted to do any such thing, in fact he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but here. YN then spoke up

"I can still hear your thoughts you know. I don't mind getting to know you. This is just how I normally am, I prefer not showing my emotions" he explained

"Why?"

"That's a story for a different time." he said simply

I nodded in understanding. He stood up and headed to the door with his hands in his pockets. He motioned for me to follow him.

Timeskip

We were currently just walking around New Domino City. YN is actually a very nice guy once you get to know him. I feel comfortable around around him. I feel like I can trust him.

"Hey YN?" I said getting his attention.

"Yes?" he asked turning to me.

"What do you see in me?" I asked hoping he understood what I was getting at.

"Two things. The first is a scared little girl who's afraid of her powers and what people think of them"

I was surprised by that. He immediately saw what so many others fail to see. He just read me like a book.

"The second is a strong, beautiful young woman with a big heart." he said making me blush.

Both of his answers surprised me. He didn't see me as the monster that so many others saw me as. I smiled because of this.

"You should smile more. It really suits you" he said looking at me with a small smile of his own.

Just then, his phone rang and answered it.

"Yusei? What's going on?"

I heard talking so I guess this Yusei guy was explaining something to him. YN nodded his head in understanding.

"Got it. I'll be right there. See you soon" He said before hanging up.

"Friend of yours?" I asked

"Yeah. I need to get going. It was nice meeting you Akiza" he said causing me to smile.

"Nice meeting you too. Take care"

He nodded and started heading off to meet his friend. I never thought I would feel so comfortable around somebody who was a complete stranger ten minutes ago. I smiled and started heading back to Sayer's place.