Leo vs The King of Darkness

YN's pov

I was thankful that my arm wasn't broken and was able to heal before the tournament. Yusei and I were still at Leo and Luna's house. The twins are both very nice kids and I see a lot of potential in both of them. Luna a bit more than Leo.

I was working on my duel runner which Yusei found and brought it back to me. It's not too badly damaged which is a good thing since the tournament involves turbo dueling in the last few rounds.

"Hey YN?"

I turned to see Leo approaching me with his duel disk. I smiled and stood up.

"Hey Leo, what's up?"

"Well since your arm is healed, I was wondering if we could duel. Could be great practice for the tournament" he said to which I nodded.

"Sure. Why not?" I said with a smile

He smiled and led me outside where everybody else was. I activated my duel disk which I normally have on unless I'm asleep.

"I'll let you go first Leo"

"Alright. I summon "morphtronic Radion" in attack mode (100 ATK). His effect depends on his battle position. Since he's in attack mode all morphtronic monsters gain 800 attack points. I'll then set two cards face down and end my turn."

"Not bad. I draw. I'll activate the spell card "Fires of Doomsday" which gives me two doomsday tokens. They won't be staying with us though as I tribute both of them in order to summon "Darkest Diablos, Lord of the Lair"! (3000 ATK). Now attack his Radion!"

"I activate my trap card, "Morphtronic Transition"! Since you've target a morphronic monster for an attack, that attack is negated and Radion switches to defense mode (900 Def). While in defense mode, Radion increases the defense of all morphtronics by 1000"

"Very well I'll set two cards face down and end my turn"

"I draw. I summon "Morphtronic Remoten". Now I'll tune my level three Remoten with my Level Four Radion in order to synchro summon my Level Seven "Power Tool Dragon"! (2300 ATK). I'll activate his effect, I choose three equip spells and you select one for me to add to my hand"

Three cards appeared before me and I pointed to the middle one.

"I'll activate the equip spell you chose, "Power Tool C&D" and equip it to "Power Tool Dragon". Now since it's my turn my monster gains 1000 attack points. Now attack!"

"Reveal Trap Card, "Scrap Iron Scarecrow"! Now your attack is negated"

"Okay. I'll end my turn."

"I draw. I activate "Mystical Space Typhoon" to destroy your "Power Tool C&D". Next, I'll normal summon "Mist ArchFiend" by using his effect (2400 ATK). He won't be staying though as I tribute both of my monsters to special summon "Legendary Maju Garzett" who gains the combined original attack of the monsters I tributed so he's at 5400 Attack points. Now I'll activate "Premature Burial", at the cost of 800 life points I can bring "Darkest Diablos" back who I'll then equip with "Megamorph" doubling his attack since I have less life points than you"

"Overkill much?" I heard Luna ask.

"Now "Darkest Diablos" will attack your monster. He has 6000 attack and yours has 2300 so you lose 3700 life points"

Leo's monster was destroyed and his life points dropped to 4300.

"And now Maju Garzett will attack"

"I activate Scape Goat"

"Won't help. Maju Garzett does piercing damage" I explained with a chuckle

"Darn" Leo said as one of his scape goats was destroyed and the blast dealt the piercing damage dropping his life points to zero.

Leo took the loss very well saying how good I was and how I could most likely defeat Jack Atlas the champion. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I plan to do exactly that. It's time somebody knocked Jack off his throne"