Mission

Derrick and I drew our AK47's as we neared what we thought was a deserted house. I held Bruno's collar tightly as he lunged toward the house. He was acting strange, but I didn't have time to think. Derrick was in cover behind a piece of fence across from me as well as our captain and a few other soldiers.

Derrick gave me the signal to cover him, I nodded yes. He quickly ran across to me. " Okay, Cap said we're gonna go around " - He was interrupted by a ruffling noise by the house. Bruno began to whine. "Shut that dog up" Derrick whispered . I nodded before calmly patting Bruno's side. As I took a quick glance around, I seen a small skinny dog, slowly walking across the line. Unexpectedly Bruno yelped, the dog scurried quickly across the yard. That's all I remember.

There were land mines all over the property, the small dog set it off. It blew Joe 60ft away. Back up was automatically sent out, it took them about 30 minutes to get there, when they did, out of all seven of the soldiers, they found only two, Joe (Bruno) and Derrick who were KO'd from the explosion. They brought them back to their medical center in Iran. The General of the operation, had to cancel the mission, they had to find the missing soldiers first and foremost.