Explanation

As I rode home (well back to Derrick and Shauna's house) I had to think about how I was gonna explain this to Derrick and ever more...Nicole. As I pulled up to the house, Derrick sat on the front porch. I made my way onto the porch to greet him, but he greeted me first. He pushed me. "Why wouldn't you tell me that you went and seen cap? Huh? You just automatically re-Inlist us both? I have a family! YOU have a family bro, I don't understand" he stopped and began pacing. "Derrick...you don't understand"-"I don't"-"I'm goin to see cap tomorrow, come with me, he'll explain everything" I offered. He looked at me with uncertainty before agreeing. I sighed. We both went into the house. I made my way upstairs. I went into my daughter's room. There in her crib she lay looking so calm. Tomorrow she and I were to pick up her mother from the hospital. She looked so content. I softly stroked the dark thin Peices of hair that decorated her small head.
All I've had is regrets since Kai was born. It sounds horrible, but it's not because of her being born at all! No, she's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me! It's just, I've had regrets on MY part. I've been everything a husband shouldn't be. But Nicole, being the enduring and incredible woman she is has stayed with me through it all, which not only makes me love her more but makes me have so much respect for her. Knowing that I've done her so much wrong, it hurts...a lot But every time I look at my daughter it shows me that there's still something that nits us together as a family, we're unbroken.
*The Next day*
I woke up to the quieted sound of my daughter crying. I sat up slowly. I pushed the cover off of me and stood up, slowly making my way to her crib. I leaned over and went to pick her up. I was confused, there was something on her head. I stepped aside and turned on the lamp. There was a peice of paper taped over her face, it read (sloppily) INNOCENT. I slowly and carefully pulled the peice of paper off of my daughter's face. I read it again. I looked down at Kai's face. It was red from her crying so much. I laid the paper on the dresser nearby and began to cradle my small daughter in my arms. My mind began to wander as I held her. Who put that note here? How'd they get in? I made my way-rushedly- to Derrick and Shauna's room. I closed the door behind me. "Derrick" I whispered loudly. Derrick sat up and began to sleepily rub his eyes. "What man"? He asked. "Look, I need to go check somethin out, get everybody in here" I instructed. He nodded as he yawned. He leaned over and tapped Shauna. She sat up and Derrick recited what I said. She took Kai from me and stood to go into her kid's room. Derrick and I sheilded her as she walked. Derrick made sure she locked the door before we presumed. He went back into his bedroom and came back with a pistol. He handed it to me and we began to (sneakily) make our way downstairs. We made our way to the front door, Derrick checked if it was locked-it was- and we continued through the house, finding nobody, no forced entry or anything.
As we made our way back to the stairs, Shauna's scream entered our ears. We both rushed upstairs into the boys' bedroom. There, stood Shauna looking in horror at her twin boys as they both had messages written on their foreheads along with her infant son. Derrick and I didn't know what to do, we just sorta stared for a while. We quickly gathered and went outside, getting In our cars. I went back into the house to retrieve Bruno. "BRUNO"! I called. I walked through the hall. Usually, he would've come by now....I got that eerie feeling. I could hear whimpers. I followed the sound, to the basement door. I gulped as I opened the door. I made my way down the stairs looking nervously around. My feet hit the basement floor. There was a sudden pain in the back of my head. Then everything slowly faded.