Chapter 10

The day that I dreaded the most was coming. The first day of school. Yes, everyone hates the first day of school because that meant that summer was over. But it was especially terrifying for me. With my new appearance i'm nervous of what people would think of me. Would they even recognize me? Over the summer I also worked on my attitude. That means i'm not that girl that everyone takes advantage of. I'm going to stand up for myself. I'm going to be more confident and not weak. I made it a goal to show everyone who ever made fun of me that their words only made me stronger. School started back up again tomorrow, so I decided to go to sleep early so that I could actually wake up early. I put on my headphones and put on my play list.

Fire n Gold- Bea Miller

Like a astronaut that's scared of heights
With a heart that's beating at the speed of light
You've been waiting for this feeling all your life
Sometimes it's just hard to realize

When you're stuck in a moment
And your spark has been stolen
This is our time to own it
So own it
Baby we were born with
Fire n gold in our eyes,
With lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dark we shine
With fire n gold in our eyes

There is something different about you and I
And I feel like I have known you my whole life
There is beauty behind every tears you've cried
Sometimes it's just hard to realize

I could feel the sleepiness taking over my body.

When you're stuck in a moment
And your spark has been stolen
This is our time to own it
So own it
Baby we were born with
Fire n gold in our eyes,
With lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dark we shine
With fire n gold in our eyes

There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you

Baby we born with
Fire n gold in our eyes
With lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dust we shine
With fire n gold in our eyes

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. School hasn't even started yet and i'm already done with the school year. I am so glad it's my last year and i'll be able to graduate and get of my school. The only problem was I havn't decided what college I wanted to go to. Ever since me and Ashton were just kids we promised each other that we would attend the same college. I hope he remembers his promise. I hopped in the shower and then put on makeup the way that Scarlet showed me. After that I threw on a new black top with my ripped skinny blue jeans with my black converse. For once my clothes weren't baggy and was something a normal sized girl would wear. As if right on time the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs to open the door to see Ashton standing on the other side.

"Hey Ashton."

"Hi. You look great." I could feel my cheeks turn red.

"Thanks." I said trying to hide the fact that i'm blushing. "Want some breakfast?"

"Sure. Cereal would be fine."

"You know where it is. I'll be right back I just have to get my backpack upstairs." I ran up the stairs to pack everything I needed making sure I didn't forget anything. I walked back downstairs but stopped midway when I heard Ashton on the phone.

"I don't know where i'll end up. I know but I can't just leave her. I know they want me but I made a promise and I don't want to break it. She means alot to me and I don't want to just abandon her like everyone else in her life." Does Ashton have a secret girlfriend he's not telling me about? I made some fake footstep noise to let him know that i'm coming.