epilogue

"Please wake up" I said, gently tapping Harry's cheek to get some kind of reply from him. I had laid him down on the wet and muddy grass, that I was so sure would've stained his shirt. "I swear to god, if you die on me I'll kill you."

He turned his head to the side, mud in his curls. "That sentence hardly makes any sense" he mumbled, more to himself than someone else, and I struggled to hear him over the sound of the rain.

"I fucking hate you" I told him, leaning my head down on his chest while sitting in that uncomfortable position.

He let out a small sigh, not replying.

"Well if you're awake get your ass up because I want to go home. And I'm not sure WikiHow has an article on how to take care of sick people from the early nineteen hundreds, so we gotta avoid that as well" I said, standing up and giving him a hand to help him up as well.

"I don't know what you're saying" he replied, taking it anyway.

I helped him stand up on unsure feet, putting his arm on my shoulders and wrapping mine around his waist in an attempt to hold him up as well in case he'd fallen down. I could already tell it would've taken ages to go home.

"What are you doing?" He mumbled into my ear, taking in a shaky breath.

"I'm going home. And I'm taking you with me."

It did take some hours to get to my house, and by the time we got there we both were exhausted. I glanced at him as I took the key from my pocket and unlocked the door. He was covered in dirt, but he seemed way too tired to even think of cleaning himself up. And I had no intention of doing it for him, also.

I opened the door and I helped him get inside, taking him into my bedroom and opening my wardrobe to see if I could find something that would fit him. At the back of the closet I found an oversized shirt that I had stolen from my brother when I had moved out. He wouldn't have missed it anyway, he'd never worn it once since I had always used it instead. I threw it on my bed and I searched for the longest pair of sweatpants I owned, even though I knew it still would've been too short for him, and I threw it on the bed as well. "Get undressed and put these on." I turned around as he did, carefully listening to understand when he was done.

"Done?" I asked, glancing behind me to discover that he'd changed into the clothes I'd given him.

"Weird" he whispered to himself, touching the fabric of the sweatpants.

I took the clothes he'd left on the floor, discovering that it was only his dark trousers and white shirt. I bit my lower lip, wondering if I should've asked. "Harry... are you wearing underwear?"

He looked at me, frowning. "Should I?"

"Fucking... great" I muttered under my breath, carefully picking up his trousers to put them all on the floor of my bathroom. We would've decided what to do with them the day after.

I put my phone to charge on the nightstand and pointed at my queen sized bed. "Go to sleep" I told him, knowing that I would've had to change the covers as well. I cuddled up against the headboard, bringing my knees to my chest as I waited for my phone to turn on, and I patted gently next to me, noticing that Harry was still standing in the middle of the room. "Come on."

"That's inappropriate" he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "You were sleeping on me less than twenty-four hours ago, what's the difference?"

"It wasn't on purpose."

I felt my phone buzz in my hand, and I glanced down at it, unlocking it. "Listen, there's only one bed in this house, so get here and sleep. We've already slept next to each other in the asylum anyway."

He walked closer, hesitantly sitting on the edge of the bed. He gave me another side glance before lying down next to me.

I hummed, glad he'd given up, and checked my phone for any eventual messages. I felt as if I'd been gone for days, but weirdly enough, nobody had texted me. It was as if nobody had even noticed. Curious, I checked the exact date on my phone.

August 6th, 2016.

I looked at Harry, he'd already fallen asleep. I smiled to myself and put my phone down on my nightstand again, turning off the light and going to sleep.

I woke up some hours later to light coming from the window and a very loud sound in the room. I rubbed my eyes, trying to understand what was going on.

"Bloody hell, what is it?" A voice rough from the sleep said next to me.

I suddenly opened by eyes, taking in my surroundings. The light of day was coming through the windows, and Harry was sitting on the bed, his eyes wide.

I looked at the nightstand, and let out a chuckle when I realised what was the mysterious sound. I took my phone, showing him the screen before unlocking it. "It's just my alarm. Welcome to the twenty-first century, pet."

THE END.

Thank you so much for reading my story! I truly hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it. x
Miki