Part 2: Clashing Dragons

You sit in the waiting room as many other duels take place. While you don't pay much attention to them, Akira's duel with Sir Ransborg does interest you. Her Black Rose Dragon is easily her most destructive card. And her ability to make the damage real is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Greiger: She's known as the Black Rose Witch. People all over New Domino are afraid of her.

Y/N: I see... I think she's just misunderstood.

Greiger: Who knows.

Announcer: Time for round two of the Fortune Cup! We have Y/N vs Akiza!

Greiger: Good luck.

You go out to face Akiza and she silently watches as you activate your duel disk.

Y/N: Akiza, I'm not going to be dueling you as if I'm fighting a witch. I'll be dueling you like a potential friend.

Akiza: Just shut up and duel.

Both: Duel!

Akiza: I start. I summon a monster in face down defense mode and set two cards. I end my turn.

Y/N: Draw! Since I control no monsters, I can Special Summon Speedroid Terrortop!

A monster resembling a row of tops appears.

Y/N: Then I can Special Summon Speedroid Taketomborg since I control a Wind Attribute monster!

A small robot appears beside Terrortop.

Y/N: I activate Taketomborg's effect. I tribute it to summon a Speedroid Tuner Monster. I choose Speedroid Tri-Eyed Dice! Now I tune Tri-Eyed Dice with Terrortop! I Synchro Summon! Hi-Speedroid Kendama!

A robot with a large spear appears.

(Kendama Level 6 Atk: 2200)

Y/N: I set two cards and end my turn.

Akiza: Draw. I summon Witch of the Black Rose!

A small girl in a dress appears.

(Witch of the Black Rose Level 4 Atk: 1700)

Akiza: Don't let her cute appearance fool you. Every rose has deadly thorns! When my witch is summoned, I can draw 1 card! I drew Rose Fairy. Since I drew it, I can Special Summon it.

A small pink fairy appears.

(Rose Fairy Level 3 Atk: 600)

Y/N: A level 4 and a level 3...

Akiza: I tune my Witch of the Black Rose with my Rose Fairy! I Synchro Summon! Black Rose Dragon!

A large dragon with petal-like scales appears.

(Black Rose Dragon Level 7 Atk: 2400)

Akiza: I activate its effect! It destroys everything on the field!

The dragon turns into a massive gust of wind and petals that tear through your monster and your two face downs, also destroying itself in the process.

Akiza: Then I activate Monster Reborn to revive Black Rose Dragon!

The dragon appears once again.

Akiza: You say you try to be my friend. That's what they all say. You're afraid of me deep down... You only see me as a monster.

She puts on the Black Rose Witch mask.

Akiza: Black Rose Dragon, attack him directly!

The dragon blasts you and you yell as the flames actually hurt.

Y/N LP: 4000---> 1600

Akiza: I end my turn. Just give up.

Y/N: No... I won't give up on this duel. And I won't give up on you! I draw! I set a card and end my turn.

Akiza: Then this duel is over! Black Rose Dragon, finish him!

Y/N: I activate the effect of Speedroid Menko! It negates your attack and summons itself to the field. It also switches your Dragon to defense mode.

(Menko Level 4 Atk: 100)

Akiza: I set a card and end my turn.

Y/N: Draw. I won't give up on you, Akiza. I summon Speedroid Den-Den Daiko Duke!

A small monster appears.

(Daiko Duke Level 3 Atk: 1000)

Y/N: I tune Den-Den Daiko Duke with Menko! Spread those wondrous and beautiful wings, and strike down your enemies at the speed of light! Synchro Summon! Appear now! Level 7! Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!

Your dragon appears and roars at Black Rose.

Y/N: I activate Follow Wing! This trap equips to my Clear Wing. Attack Black Rose Dragon! Now Follow Wing activates! When my monster battles a Level 5 or higher monster, that monster is immediately destroyed, then my dragon gains attack equal to the destroyed monster's until the end of the turn.

Black Rose Dragon explodes.

Clear Wing Atk: 2500---> 4900

Y/N: I end my turn.

Clear Wing Atk: 4900---> 2500

Akiza: Draw. I end my turn... Why are you fighting so hard to make me your friend?

Y/N: Because I know there's good in you. I draw. I summon Speedroid Ohajikid!

A monster similar to Daiko Duke appears.

(Ohajikid Level 3 Atk: 1000)

Y/N: I activate its effect. I summon a Tuner Monster from either player's graveyard and Synchro Summon using them! I choose Tri-Eyed Dice! Now I Synchro Summon! Another Hi-Speedroid Kendama! Kendama, attack Akiza's face down!

Akiza: You attacked my Wall of Ivy. When it's flipped up, you get an Ivy Token.

Y/N: Kendama deals piercing damage!

Akiza LP: 4000---> 3000

Y/N: Now I activate Kendama's effect! I banish Speedroid Menko from my graveyard to deal 500 damage to you!

Akiza LP: 3000---> 2500

Y/N: Now... Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, time to finish this with Shooting Sky Strike!

The dragon unleashes a massive whirlwind that cracks Akiza's mask, causing it to break apart. She then falls to her knees.

Akiza LP: 2500---> 0

You walk over and help her up. She then starts crying softly and hugs you. She then whispers so only you can hear.

Akiza: Thank you... For not giving up on me...

She is lead off by a man named Sayer and you get a weird vibe from the guy. You then walk off and meet a guy you recognize, Yusei. The Satellite Duelist looks at you.

Yusei: You didn't give up on her. That takes determination. Good job.

Y/N: Thank you.

End of Part 2