Chapter Three- A-Squad

Everyone's hating on corona right now but like hey, I get time to write, and I'm down for that

(Sorry I'll get onto the story now)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Days Earlier

A few miles north of Brooklyn sits the headquarters of the New York City Police Department, or the NYPD for short. It is a large, rather plain brick building that sits at the center of the square it is located in. 

Though the NYPD is mainly responsible for daily patrols and responding to emergency situations, they also have a special task force. Renown for their fighting prowess, this six-man task force takes on everyday duties as well as special requests from the higher-ups.

On this fine day, the A-Squad awaits their next mission. 

Leo stands outside of the briefing room, nervously fidgeting with his jacket zipper. He tries to keep himself still- he is the leader of the top squad in the whole department, whoever walks by now will see an image unbefitting of a man in such a position- but his nerves get the best of him. A million possibilities run through his head, each one looking worse than the next. Overseeing a meeting between the governor and some random rich guy. An opening ceremony of a retirement home. Or, oh god- a preschool festival

If we get any of those missions, Leo swears to himself in that moment, I am going to quit my job.

"Come in," a voice calls from inside the room. With one last ruffle at his hair and a tug at his tie, Leo grabs the doorknob and pushes the door open, revealing the large figure of the police chief sitting at his desk. 

"Morning, Leo." His chief was never one to be tight with formalities, in fact, he often urged others to call him by his first name. 

"Good morning, sir." Leo says, just out of respect and the hope that perhaps, tiny thing like that would cause fate to sway in his favor. However, the chief just motions Leo to sit down.  

"Alright," He starts once Leo sits down. He slides a folder across the table to Leo, who takes it gingerly. "The upcoming task is quite difficult, I was not disclosed the full details, so look through it carefully," He says. 

Leo skims through the folder, quickly noting that this mission is certainly not a preschool festival. There is to be a fight in an warehouse next week, and apparently the Stars Above gang is part of it. 

The Stars Above Gang

Oh, Leo had heard, and spread, many of the stories about the most dangerous gang in the city. Led by six elites ranging from age twenty-one to twenty-five, and with the rest of the city's criminals at their beck and call, Leo quickly saw that this mission is not to be taken lightly. 

"The mission is from one of the higher ups. It was a rather shady deal, honestly, but in the end the NYPD will come out with quite a sum of money. So, results must be perfect. Do you understand?" The chief says with a sudden urgency, staring Leo intensely in the eyes. 

Leo nods gravely. The A-Squad failing to complete a task is rare, but even so, he cannot let this fact get to his head. 

"You have to bring all six members of the Stars Above gang back here. All alive, someone," At this mention of a person, the chief's expression sours slightly, but he keeps talking. "-wants to talk with them. Got it?" 

Leo nods, giving a solemn "Yes sir." 

"Very good. You are dismissed." The chief finishes.

Leo stands up and walks out of the room. It takes everything not to burst into happy tears right then and there, and even so he barely suppresses the urge.