Part 1 - The Outbreak

Peter's POV

Day: Monday, Date: May 6, Year: 20XX. - The day before the outbreak...

I just got home from my internship at Stark industries and said hi to my aunt May, smile and walked over and hugged me, it was a part of our daily routine. Aunt May and I were eating our dinner and watching the news on the Tv, where they said, that there was a virus spreading, and people were advised to stay inside as much as possible. May turn off the Tv so we could finish eating our dinner, when we were done with the dinner I helped her with the dishes.

''Peter, I have an early birthday present for you.''
''What is it?'' She walked into the living room and come back with a small box.
''Here, I hope you like it...'' I open the box and saw that it was that watch that I wanted, it can show the date, months and year. ''I asked the man in the shop about, how long they were going to have it, and he told me that they will be sent back soon.''
''Thank you, Aunt May... Thank you so much...'' I hugged her, ''I love you...''
''I love you too Peter...''

I didn't know that when I went to bed that night, after the patrolling some of the city, would be the last normal day...

Day: Thursday, Date: May 9, Year: 20XX

The outbreak started Tuesday and it was catastrophic. People were running around and screaming like idiots, scream for help, scream for their superheroes, but even heroes know when there is nothing they can do to help... So People just left the city... I told Aunt May that we should do the same, but she said no since this was our home, then I asked her if we could go to Harry's place since it was located higher off the ground.
I have started to write down different dates since the outbreak started and what happened that day with a small note.
Aunt May have gotten a fever and a bad one too, and one of Harry's doctors said that I shouldn't get my hopes high. He was right... 3 days later... May 12th, she died, not from the Zombie-virus, but from a stroke.

It has been 2 days since Aunt May died, and with no family left, I felt alone and Harry couldn't help me. Harry and I had started to go out a month ago, and it was weird since we all we did was going on dates, but we didn't kiss.

I felt the need to run, the need to get out of the room and I wanted Harry with me. ''Harry...'' I turn around to look at him, ''We need to get out from here... Something isn't right...''
''What do you mean?'' He looked at me.
''That!'' I pointed at the door was a walker walked by slowly. We started to walk backward toward the window. ''Do you trust me?''
''What?''
''Do you trust me?''
''Are you really going to make Disney references now?''
''No, I just want us to get out of the window...''
''We are on the 7th floor...'' We had reached the window, we open it and I got out to the other side of the window, and Harry followed.

''Now... Get on my back...''
''Are you sure?''
''Just do it already...''
''Fine...'' He got onto my bag and I started to climb down. ''So, where do we go from here?''
''My house...'' I felt the need to get to Queens, to get home.

When we arrived at my house in Queens, the door wasn't busted open, which means no one has been in the house, since we left. We walked inside and locked the door and blocked the windows. We were looking for some medical and food supplies and weapons on our way here. While we were out there, we get cut into a really bad situation with some walkers where we got away, but Harry got bitten. Once you get bitten, you only have max 2 days live in before either dies or turns into a zombie.

''How bad is it?''
''It hurts...'' I took a look at his hand, ''Can't we just cut it off?''
''Well... We don't have the right equipment... And if we did, I'm not even sure you would survive it...''
''So... I'm going to turn into a walker...'' I nodded, I wasn't even sure what to say anymore. ''Peter... Do me a favor... And kill me...''
''What? No, I can't do that... You're my friend...''
''Listen to me, Peter... I don't want to become a walker. So I ask of you as my best friend to kill me...'' I couldn't believe it, he asked me to kill him, as his best friend. I started to cry and gave him a small nod, Harry walked over to me and hugged me. ''Thank you, Peter...''
''I'm going to miss you...''
''Me too, Peter... Me too...'' I let go of the hug when he pulled me back to him and kissed me. The kiss was soft and innocent, but our first kiss was a goodbye kiss. ''I love you...'' The tears streamed down our cheeks.
''Me too...'' We stood there for a few minutes before we let go of each other.

I walked over and took the gun we have found and walked back to him. It was a small handgun with a silencer with a full magazine.

''One more thing before you shoots me...''
''What is it?''
''Don't kill yourself after you shot me... Survive... Live, not for me... But live for the person, you haven't met yet... Live for someone for needs you, more end I do...''
''I will... I will survive...'' I said as we walked outside into the backyard.
''Thank you...'' He took my hand with the gun to his head, ''pull the trigger...'' -BANG-

Day: Tuesday, Date: May 14, Year: 20XX, Time: 23:55 pm. - The day of Harry's death.

Harry's blood was everywhere, the tears just continued rolled down on my face and I almost threw up. I had to force myself to walk inside and locked the door and blocked it. I went upstairs to Aunt May's room and lay down in the bed. I cried myself to sleep that night, hoping that it all was just a bad dream, but knowing my luck, it wasn't.

I woke up late that morning, I walked into the bathroom to wash my face. When I looked myself in the mirror, I knew it wasn't a dream and that I was alone now. When I was done, I walked downstairs to see what I had of food and what I needed to save for later and I was lucky, there was a lot of it. I sorted the food and put those there could freeze into the freezer. After that, I didn't know what to do, I needed to make a plan, but first I needed to get over Harry's death.

Day: Wednesday, Date: May 15, Year: 20XX. - The day of Harry's funeral...

I had to bury Harry as soon as possible, well, if his corpse still was out there. I walked out into the backyard and saw that it was still there, so I started to dig a hole at the end of the backyard. When he was buried I went back inside. It took almost 3 weeks to get over the loneliness and the lost, but not the fact, that it was me who pulled the trigger and killed him. Sure I walked outside to see if I could find things in those 3 weeks. I broke into the neighboring houses and other places, and I found out that the zombies can smell that we are a living being.

I want up in the attic one day to look for different things that I would probably be going to need to survive. I found a big backpack I could use to pack the stuff I found. There were some bandages, a multi-tools, a good but old pair of steel toe boots, a flashlight, a Zippo lighter, binoculars, a baseball bat, a hammer and uncle Ban's Blackhawk gloves. I packed it as good as I could and it all fit into the bag and there was still a lot of space to water and food. I took the bag with me downstairs and took some of it out.

After I unpacked and pack what I needed, I made sure the door was locked before I left the house. I looked out of the window in my room on the 2nd floor to make sure there wasn't any walkers or runners before I climb out of it. I was lucky, there was not a single soul to see. I got out on the street and started to walk to the convenience store nearby, hoping to find stuff.

When I get there, there was a little girl walking around, crying. I couldn't really speak to her since I haven't spoken to anyone in 3 weeks, so it hurts when I tried. I walked over to her while I looked around to see if there was anyone else then us, but there was no one here except for the 2 of us. When I walked closer I saw a dead woman and the girl was calling for her. She was alone and she wouldn't be able to survive on her own and she needed me. I calmed her down and hugged her. I looked over on the woman, who had a baby wrap on, so I took it off her to put it on me and picked the girl up and put her in it.

I took all the supplies we were going to need, like food, baby food, baby wipes, diapers, and water, I get it all to fit into the backpack except the bag of diapers, so I just took it in my hand and started to walk back to the house. I made sure there was no one was near when I climbed the wall and get through the window with the girl. I put her on my bed since she fell asleep on the way home, I walked into the bathroom to put the pack of diapers and the baby wipes down. She started to cry again but not loud, I walked into her and hugged her, I wipe her tears away and smiled at her.

''Ellie...'' she said and point at herself, ''Your?''
''P...Peter...'' I said.

Date: June 7, Year: 20XX - The day I found and met Ellie...

I have been 2 months since I met Ellie and I started to talk again, well, a little, mostly single words. I needed to get her some new clothes since she grown a bit. I wrapped Ellie around me and put on the backpack and then climbed out of the window and on to the street. As we were getting closer to the city center, the more were there of zombies. I climbed the wall to get to the roof. When we get to the roof, I jumped off the roof and started to swing closer to children store. I just hoped that we would get there home one piece.