Dua Time

Chapter 8: Dua Time

Quote of the Day: "The Dunia is like the sea, and you travel it by boat. That boat is like your life. From the sea, you take what you need to survive as you should do with the Dunia. But don't take too much or your boat will sink. Don't get distracted by the Dunia, keep your goal towards your true destination--Jannah."

Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whenever a Muslim supplicates Allah, He accepts his supplication or averts any similar kind of trouble from him until he prays for something sinful or something that may break the ties of kinship.'' Upon this someone of the Companions said: "Then we shall supplicate plenty.'' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah is more plentiful (in responding).''

[At-Tirmidhi].

What Are Good Times to Make Dua:

1) After Fardh prayer

2) Between the Adhan, call of Prayer

3) During Tahajjud Prayer; night prayer before Fazr

4) When it rains

5) While traveling

6) Before making iftaar

7) Anytime on Friday

8) When drinking Zam Zam water

9) When reading the Qur'an

10) On the day of Afrat

Ramadan is a lot like a training period. Say that you spent the whole school year goofing off and it seems like you'll be failing as a result. Then the teacher decides to give you an extra credit assignment that can definitely bring your grade up. That's what Ramadan is like, its extra credit. During this time, you have your chance, to clean up your act and start on a fresh new page.

Here's my suggestion to you all, make lots of Dua. Keep nagging Allah (SWT). If you want respect from your peers, never extend your hands of need to them, only ask Allah (SWT). Because only Allah can help you. Allah's favorite dua is when you ask Him to give you what He thinks is best. That in my opinion is truly an amazing dua, who know better than Allah? And don't just make dua for yourself, make duas for others. If you make a good dua for a sister or brother, the angels will say "same to you", thus making the same good dua for you.

Its very simple. Clean your mind, keep your intentions in check, and raise your hands to your Lord. Then ask away.

Ramadan Challenge #6: You know how during the winter season, everyone who celebrates has a "Wish List". Well, its OUR holiday time now, so make a Dua List. Some duas that I make include:

*Having the ability to memorize the entire Qur'an, because your status in Jannah depends on your knowledge of the Qur'an.

*Having the ability to apply the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah in my life.

*To not stray away from the path of Islam.

*For my parents to have the best in this world and the Hereafter.

*For my family to gain Islamic knowledge and for them to be of the righteous.

*For my Imaan to be strong.

*For my Ummah to be united.