Tourist Trapped

We open on a nice view of the sun, clear skies and a beautiful day overall. That's when Dipper starts talking. 

'Ahh, Summer break.'

A family enjoyed their day outside, laughing and chasing each other. All was well. 

'A time for leisure, recreation, and taking 'er easy.'

'Unless you're me.'

A golf cart crashes through a sign, propelling the passengers forward. A monster loomed behind them, knocking down everything in its path. Screams were heard as they zigzagged through the forest. 

The young girl sitting beside the driver looked behind her, frightened. 

"It's getting closer!"

The monster tries to catch the cart but just falls short. The cart flies off a rock and lands roughly.

'My name is Dipper. The girl about to puke is my sister Mabel. The girl sitting in the back swinging a bat is my other sister Malika. You may be wondering what we're doing in a golf cart, fleeing from a  creature of unimaginable horror.'

A tree flies into their path causing two of the three to scream in terror, the third just reached for a glowing valve that was on the inside of her coat. 

'Rest assured, there's a perfectly logical explanation. Let's rewind.'

Mabel and Dipper sat in the living room, each doing their own things. 

'It all began when our parents decided we needed some fresh air-'

A girl slams open one of the doors, a small bang being heard slightly before. She had black smoke on her reddened cheeks. 

"Remind me not to mix chromic acid with acetic acid." She sighed slightly rolling her eyes. 

'And to help with Malika's social skills.'

'They shipped us up north to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon, to stay at our great-uncle's place in the woods.'

The attic was shabby but comforting. Mabel was setting things up on her bed, Dipper was on the other side of the room, and Mal resided in the middle, in the shadow of the triangular window. 

"This attic is amazing. Check out all my splinters!" Mabel squeals, holding out her covered hands. Malika sighed grabbing her first aid kit. 

"And there's a goat on my bed." Their brother dead-paned looking at the creature. 

"I think the place has a charm to it." The youngest of the three spoke as she placed the last rainbow bandage on Mabel's hand. "Also plenty of places to hide in and materials to use for working on mixtures." She continued. 

Mabel had moved to seek out the animal residing on Dipper's bed. "Hey, friend." She greeted him holding out her arm. In which Chompers started nibbling on. "Oh! Yes, you can keep chewing on my sweater." She snorts at him amused. 

"Mabel, don't let the Capra aegagrus hircus eat your sweater, it isn't good for either of you."Malika chides. 

'Mabel tended to look on the bright side of things.' Just then said sibling rolls down a hill. 

"Yay, grass!"

'Whilst Mal was different, she was protective and smart, really smart. She just wants to look out for us.'

We see the dark-haired brunette gazing at a black and blue butterfly before she nods. "Such a gorgeous specimen, you I believe are a Limenitis arthemis."