Prologue

"I know you're scared, honey. You should be. The truth is your child would never be safe in Raymond's world. So, the question is, how far are you willing to go to protect her?" You hear Kate say to Liz as you stand outside the vinyl covering of the hospital room.

You turn and see Red speaking to Dembe. "Oh save me the pity, Dembe, everything is not fine. Where the hell was the other extraction team? There should have been four teams, five teams! Hell, she shouldn't have even been in that God forsaken church!"

Kate comes to him. "Shut up, Raymond! This has nothing to do with Dembe, and definitely nothing to do with that poor girl. This has everything to do with you. You made her believe you could keep her safe. You made us all believe."

You sigh as she leaves him. Red sits down, watching Liz in the hospital room. You slowly approach him and tap his shoulder. "Hey," he looks up at you.  "You did what you could."

"No, I didn't, Y/N. I have failed her. I have failed Lizzy." Red sighed and taps his fedora against his leg. You sit down next to him. "You didn't fail her, Red. As soon as you realized there was no bomb and Solomon's team was coming after Liz, you did not hesitate for one second to go to that church and find her." Red looks at you and slightly smiles.

"Stay here with Dembe, Y/N. Keep an eye on things. I'm gonna go get some air." Red gets up and starts to leave the old night club. 

"Something's wrong. My wife's not breathing! She's not breathing!" Tom yells. Nick comes in the room and gets her slowly breathing again. You notice Liz looking directly at Red as she beckons him in the room. Red doesn't hesitate and he takes off his fedora and goes in the room.

You listen as Liz speaks to him. "I'm sorry I kicked you out. It wasn't fair after everything you've done for me..." she breathes. You see Red shaking his head.

"I've done nothing for you, Lizzy."

"I'm scared for my little girl." Liz says. Red sighs. "It's the children whom the world almost breaks, that grow up to save it."

"I don't want that for her..." Liz murmurs. You see Red looking at her. "I wasn't talking about her, I was talking about you, Elizabeth."

"Oh...Raymond." You look shocked and you notice Red tilts his head. Since when has she ever called him by his first name? You hear Liz again. "I do love.....you." she barely whispers the last word, then she closes her eyes and slips into a medically induced coma.