Chapter 1 - ✔

Chapter One:

I woke up with a deep breath. My dreams were once again disrupted. Actually, I was never one for dreaming. It was just black. No colour, no imagery, nothing. My sleep felt as if it was mere minutes instead of hours. I hated waking up to the cold reality of life. I couldn't think of a better word than cold. Cold. Everyone around me was cold. The wooden floor of my room was always cold. The air that encompassed my room was cold. Waking up was never fun. It was always easier to sleep than wake up for me. I'd heard so many children loathing bedtime from sitcoms and television shows. For me, sleeping was a release. It was when all worries were gone, at least for the petty hours I had to rest. Waking up was just a cruel thing. It took away the illusion that the bitter sensation entitled life was over. It was never a choice though. No matter what the dream was or the ambition, there was always a wake up call. For me, it just had to be the annoying beeps from my alarm clock.

The alarm clock raged with its insistent beeps. I groaned to myself, suddenly hating the individual who invented such a horrendous invention. It was nonetheless useful. It beeped for minutes on end, yet it felt like hours to my annoyed self. I was too lazy to reach my arm out of the comforter and into the cold air. It was just another depressing day. Nothing to look forward to. Actually, it seemed as though fate was against me. Today probably would be the worst day ever. My head peeked out from the covers and I noticed on my calendar on the adjacent wall the words,

'One Direction Signing'.

I groaned even more. I didn't dare look at my alarm clock. I had to wake up early for this and I knew the glowing numbers wouldn't be something I'd look forward to looking at. The beeping persisted and I could feel a headache coming on. I sighed and stretched my arms out. The cold air immediately surrounded my bare skin and goosebumps errupted from my skin. I shivered instinctively. Everything was just too cold.

I hit the button and breathed a sigh of relief. That noise was getting on my nerves. I ripped off the sheets and swung my legs out of the bed. I peeked at the time and my eyes widened.

6:30.

"Crap!" I yelled and snatched my iPod on my route to the bathroom. I ran out of my room and into the bathroom across the hall. I had to get out by seven am if I wanted to make it to the signing in Arlington. I didn't want to go at all, but money made the world go round as people say. I wasn't a fan of them and never understood the hype about them. They were always however the mean girls had convinced me into going to the signing as it was the only one that would be visited by the One Direction boys anytime soon. They were unable to attend due to the senior prom being expertly planned this weekend. It was the last week of school and the student council had been short on time because Mr. Pennouski, the teacher in charge of the student council, had been pulled into jury duty.

They had eventually turned to yours truly. I was unpopular, the odd one out, outcast, hated and had no other friend than my neighbour. I scared off everyone. Or at least, the mean girls scared them off for me. I was hated by them however, they only talked to me when they bullied me or when I had something they wanted. They naturally assumed I wouldn't be going to the prom. I wasn't even planning on it either. So I agreed. They just waltzed up to me as if we were all best friends and basically begged me to do this favour for them. Instinctively, I was bitter at first but I needed the cash too, to get the groceries each week.

No job I really wanted was near my home and I was trying to keep my grades up so I could graduate. My dad covered everything other than groceries. I basically lived alone and he told me that as I was basically an adult, despite still being in secondary school, I had to deal with everything on my own. I didn't expect much from him. I was just happy that he paid for the rent and electricity bills. I was saving up for a car though or at least a motorbike. They were death on wheels according to my mother but I always fantasized about having one. I knew my father had gone through a phase of motorcycles in his time too.