Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~~~

It had been a quiet and boring ride but I was too caught up in the music to realize that the truck was slowing down.

“Crap,” I mumbled.

I lowered my head onto the steering wheel and it released a loud honk. I jumped back in shock and laughed at my own clumsiness.

I headed out of the car to check on the engine. It was a hot day and I was stuck in the middle of the desert. YAY! I slipped off my hoodie leaving my crop top then tied up my hair.

I checked my engine in hopes of it being an easy fix. I worked at a auto repair shop so I figured that I may have a chance of getting back on the road. Luck wasn’t on my side and I needed a new part. I cursed myself for leaving my toolbox at home.

“Fuck,” I mumbled.

I quickly shut the hood and sat on the car. I thought of all my options.

#1: Beg Jake to pick me up (never going to happen)

#2: Hitchhike (no cars around)

#3: Walk 20 miles to the last pit stop see if they had the part (I’d die for sure)

#4: Call for tow (They’d probably not serve me and I didn’t have enough cash)

#5: Sit on car and wait for something to happen

I thought about all my options and figured #5 while waiting to hitchhike is probably the best idea. I quickly took stock of all the items I had. I hadn’t brought anything but music and my cell phone.I put on my headphones and hummed to Knaan’s “Is Anybody Out There”.I started to fish through all the stuff I was going to make the boys sign but there was nothing usable. I decided to just sit in the car until another car came but before I could climb in someone pushed my butt into the car making me hit my head on the opposite car door.

“WHAT THE HELL,” I screeched.

I turned around to find a tour bus and a boy with curly hair grinning madly while seeming to holding back laughter. In my haste to check for anything usable while dancing to the music, I didn’t notice the tourbus pulling up.

“YOLO,” the boy yelled while running back to the bus.

I glared at him and ran to the bus. I knocked on the bus door furiously. A stereo system popped out of the side.

“What do you want?” It rudely asked.

“Let me in so I can kill that asshole,” I calmly responded.

“Hmm and why should I do that?”

“Because if you don’t, I’ll get in and kill you too,” I said.

The door opened up and I waltzed in there and began yelling.

“WHERE THE HELL IS THAT DAMN KID!”

There were 4 boys sitting on couches with amused faces. They pointed to a door on the side and were snickering.

“Thank you!”

 I winked at all of them.

“At least some of you are nice,” I said, “I’ll let him off the hook, thank you though. I’d better be going. Bye!” I pretended to stomp off the bus and shut the door.

“Bye,” they responded.

“Thank god, she left, I’ve never seen anyone so mad,” the curly haired boy said walking out of the closet.

I quickly tackled him and punched him the stomach twice while yelling profanities at him. I raised my hand to finish with a slap but he caught my wrist and connected our lips together. I was ultimately shocked. I pulled away from me and used my free hand to slap his face. I was stopped by 4 pairs of hands grabbing my arms and waist. After about 30 seconds, I broke out of all of their arms and began my way back to the curly haired guy. I saw red from my anger; I’ve always had a bit of an anger issue. I couldn’t ignore the tingle of my lip from the kiss though. The boys finally got me in a head lock. I was still angry and fighting them off. The boys were trying to persuade me and calm me down. One of the boys couldn’t stop screeching profanities and other crap but only one thing persuaded me to stop: “STOP HURTING HARRY! I’LL GIVE YOU CARROTS!”