Chapter 7

Everyone in the chapel is speechless at the display. Even Ash has his eyes widened and his face red all over as Queen Serena passionately locks her lips with his. Serena lets out a soft moan of pleasure before she slowly breaks the kiss and gives Ash another sweet look before she suddenly wraps her arms around him and begins kissing him all over his face.

"Oh, Ash. Oh, my wonderful, wonderful, Ash," she says happily as she kisses him with each word.

Brock is as shocked as Ash of their queen's affectionate display for a moment before he smirks and shakes his head in amusement.

"Well, what do you know?" He whispers to himself.

"No!" Madame Venus screeches. "It's just as I feared! That accursed brat has undone my beautiful spell! Calem, destroy th -"

Madame Venus' voice dies in her throat, however, when she turns to Calem and her eyes widen in fear. For she sees in the eyes of her brother that the giant is starting to grow into an uncontrollable fit of rage with every kiss and sweet word of affection that Queen Serena displays on her faithful esquire. Calem begins to growl angrily as he suddenly starts to grow taller to the point that his clothes rip until he is wearing nothing but his shirt and undergarment. His fang-like teeth become as long as spears and his already long claw-like fingernails double in size as he gets ready to pounce on Ash, Brock, and their beloved Queen.

"Ash! Your Highness! Run!" Brock screams.

Ash and Serena break from their moment just in time to realize what's going on and quickly dodge Calem's giant fist from squishing them. Without hesitation, Ash grabs Serena's hand and together, the two of them and Brock run out of the chapel as fast as they can. It isn't long, however, before the giant bursts through the chapel entrance and starts chasing after them.

"Great, as if he wasn't deadly enough without getting bigger," Brock complains.

"Just keep running!" Serena screams.

It isn't long, however, before Calem begins smashing on the ground, breaking the castle stone floor once again and begins throwing the rubble at his enemies. Ash, Serena, and Brock manage to dodge them as quickly as they can before they make a sharp turn to another hall that leads to a long set of stairs. The three humans try to go down the steps as fast as they can, but Calem barges in and starts coming down the steps several at a time.

"Don't look back, Your Highness, just keep running!" Ash screams as he continues to lead Serena down the staircase.

Finally, Ash, Serena, and Brock make it to the bottom of the steps and make their way to the main hall. Before long, however, before Calem bursts in and with a loud roar jumps to squish them with his entire body.

"Jump!" Serena screams.

The three of them jump away just in time to miss Calem's body. The giant then slides across the floor until he crashes head first into a wall and is knocked out unconscious. Ash grabs Serena's hand again as he and Brock lead her out of the main hall and keep running until they make it to the bottom floor of the castle underground where a series of water wells are left empty and unused. Ash, Serena, and Brock quietly climb into one of the wells until they reach the bottom and sit on the hard floor to catch their breaths. It takes a couple of moments before they stop panting in exhaustion before Brock speaks.

"Well, we should be safe here," he says. "I say we wait a while before we try to reunite with the others."

"Others, Captain Brock?" Serena asks. "You mean Holly, and General Wulfric and Cilan and everyone else who was captured with me? Please tell me they are alright."